Cordless technology has evolved a long way, and today, it is very popular. The operating time of the cordless tools has increased drastically. Batteries are also a lot safer than ever. You might have used a circular saw, and the corded models come with their challenges. The cord restricts the movement, which is why a lot of people prefer cordless circular saws. These models are as powerful as their corded siblings. You can even find a cordless saw that is more powerful than the regular saws. We received a lot of queries from our readers, and they wanted us to recommend them with a reliable cordless circular saw.
Comparison to Jigsaw, circular saws can be used for multiple purposes. They can be used for cutting through various types of material. The list is not just restricted to the wood, but you can cut through thin metal and even granite. It all depends on the blade that is attached to your cordless circular saw. You also need to look at the power output details, and you need to ensure that the saw has adequate power. To be honest, it can be slightly difficult to make a choice all by yourself, especially if you are buying the circular saw for the first time.
Best Cordless Circular Saw Reviews
So, here we are, and in this article, we have listed which cordless circular saw is the best that you will find in the market. We have taken care of every aspect of the circular saw while listing down the models for you. In this article, you will not only find the details of the products, but you will find a detailed review that even covers the aspects like the pros and cons of the particular model. You can go ahead and check out what we have on the list for you.
1. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
The first cordless circular saw on our list is from Black+Decker. Black+Decker is quite a reliable brand when it comes to power tools. The saw has a high torque motor that comes with a 5.5 inches blade attachment. You get a standard blade with the machine, and you can also buy an option that comes with an extra blade. The depth of the cut can be easily adjusted, and the bevels can be adjusted between the angles of 45 degrees to 90 degrees. You do not need any tool to make the adjustments for the depth of cutting. The standard blade supplied with this cordless circular saw is a 12 T carbide blade that enables a faster cutting on various types of material.
The standard battery that can be connected to this saw is a 20-volt battery. This battery is common across all the tools of Black+Decker. In terms of power, you will not feel a lack of power while using the saw, and it is an ideal product for everyday usage. The package comes with a battery, so you will not have to spend extra on it. The warranty that is supplied with the product covers both the battery and the cordless circular saw.
- The saw is very versatile, and the cutting depth can be adjusted without any tool.
- The standard blade size that fits the saw is 5.5 inches, and it can cut through various types of material.
- Black+Decker offers a two-year warranty on the blade as well as on the saw.
- Nothing that we could notice.
2. DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
The next cordless circular saw on our list is from Dewalt. Dewalt is yet another highly reliable brand available in the market. This cordless circular saw is equipped with the motor that can operate at 3700 RPM. The speed offers correct utility for fast rip cuts and crosscuts. The standard size of the blade for this saw is 6.5 inches. What improves efficiency is the carbide-tipped edge. You can use the saw at 90-degree mechanism and 45 degree mechanism. The saw also has a magnesium shoe coupled with an upper guard to improve the durability & safety of the saw.
The bevel can be adjusted between 0 to 50 degrees, and it enhances the utility of the saw. The motor doesn’t heat up even after long term usage as this motor is coupled with a fan. The brushes of the motor are also replaceable. It makes the repair easy, and it increases the overall life of the machine. It should be noted that this listing only comes with the tool. The battery and the charger are not a part of the standard package.
- The machine features a fan-cooled motor to keep the motor cool.
- The blade offered with the machine is a 6.5 inches carbide-tipped blade that improves the cutting capacity.
- The brand offers one year warranty on this cordless circular saw.
- Charger and the battery need to be purchase separately.
3. GALAX PRO 20V 4-1/2″ Cordless Circular Saw
At number 3, we have a very portable cordless circular saw that is manufactured and marketed by Galax Pro. This saw operates on a lithium-ion battery, which is included in the pack. In addition to this, the saw can run at a maximum speed of 3400 RPM. The blade supplied with the saw is 4.5 inches blade. There are two blades included as a part of the standard package. The cutting depth can be adjusted slightly, and the angle can be adjusted between 45 degrees and 90 degrees. The blade can cut through wood, tile, soft metal, drywall, plastic, and other such materials. The two-blade supplied with the saw has a different configuration. The first blade has 24 teeth wood saw configuration, and the second blade has 60 teeth metal saw configuration.
Changing the blade takes just a couple of minutes if you have an Allen wrench with you. You can use angle guides to cut through the blade, and the laser guide that is mounted on the tool offers a perfectly straight cut every time. The saw also has a double protection switch, which enhances the safety of the user. The handle of the cordless circular saw is designed with soft rubber, allowing you to reduce the vibrations. Lastly, there is a vacuum adapter shared with the machine that enables you to remove the sawdust while you are using the saw.
- The saw comes with a battery, 2 saw blades, one fast charger, a rip guide, a hex key, and a vacuum adapter.
- The brand offers a two-year warranty on this cordless circular saw.
- It is easy to use and affordable tool.
- Nothing that we could notice.
4. SKIL 20V 6-1/2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw
It is always better to buy a combo pack with a cordless circular saw, battery and a fast charger. If you had been looking for a similar product, it is worth checking out this listing from Skil. It is a comprehensive package for the people who are not willing to spend extra after the purchase. The saw has a 25% longer run time, and the battery retains the charge for a long time. You can use the same battery for different power tools from the brand. The bevel capacity of the saw is 0 to 50 degrees. Adjusting the angle doesn’t take a lot of time either. The battery supplied with the saw comes equipped with a temperature management system that keeps the battery cool.
The blade supplied with this saw is also very good. It has a thin kerf, and at the same time, it has a carbide tip as well. The blade comes with 24 teeth, which makes it easier for you to use it. Saw also has a visor guide to enable a straight cut every time you need it. The cutting depth can also be adjusted, and you can get a maximum of 2.125 inches of depth at a 90-degree angle.
- The saw features a comfortable handle that makes it very easy for you to use it.
- This saw comes with a battery, charger, and a blade. You get a five-year warranty on the saw.
- The motor operates at a maximum speed of 4500 RPM, and it lasts longer than other machines.
- There are no cons that we could notice.
5. EnerTwist 20V Max 4-1/2″ Cordless Circular Saw
We also have a cordless circular saw from EnerTwist, and it is a multi-purpose cordless circular saw. The saw can be used with just one hand, and it is also easily maneuverable. The saw’s standard blade size is 4.5 inches, and it can be used to cut the plastic, wood, tile, soft metal, and drywall. You can use it to cut other types of material as well. The cutting depth is adjustable, and so is the bevel angle.
The blade of the saw is placed on the left side that offers a better cut line visibility, and at the same time, it provides the right amount of balance as well. The dust port can easily be connected to the vacuum to ensure that your work area remains clean. The fast-charging system reduces the wait time between the charges, and the package has all the necessary tools. You get a two-year warranty on every purchase that you make via an authorized reseller.
- The saw comes with three types of blade, and the saw also has a dust extraction port.
- It is equipped with a laser module to enable a parallel cut for you.
- The motor is very powerful, and it operates at 3500 RPM.
- The model is slightly expensive.
6. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
Milwaukee is yet another brand that offers reliable power tools to the user. If you are looking for an affordable and durable cordless circular saw, then you can buy this option as well. The unique thing about this model is that it comes with a 6.5 inches blade. The maximum operating speed of the motor is 3500 RPM, and the blade has 24 teeth. The machine is lightweight as it weighs just 1 pound.
The saw also has magnesium guard on the top as well as the bottom. This feature protects the machine and the blade even when you drop the machine. It is compatible with an array of batteries so that you can choose the one from yourself. The fuel gauge on the machine also indicates the battery left in the circular saw.
- The saw is compatible with a 6.5 inches blade, and it operates at 3500 RPM.
- The saw has electronic brakes that stop the saw as soon as you stop pressing the trigger.
- You get a five-year warranty on this cordless circular saw.
- Some people do not like the quality of the saw.
7. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
We also have a cordless circular saw from Makita on our list. Makita is quite a popular brand, and you get a powerful saw when you but this. The motor operates at 3700 RPM that can cut through wood of different density. The maximum bevel cutting capacity of the saw is 50 degrees. Cutting depth of the saw is good, and the blade offers highly versatile utility to the user. The high torque motor is good enough to handle any kind of material.
The soft grip ensures that the user is comfortable while using the saw. The saw also comes equipped with a star protection system that protects the motor from overload and overheating. The system also protects the battery from deep discharge. Overall, the saw is quite reliable, and you can buy it without any concerns about the quality associated with the saw. Visit the product page to check out more information about the saw.
- It is a heavy duty machine that weighs 7.5 pounds, and it has a good built quality.
- The saw comes with a three year warranty from the brand.
- You can attach a 6.5 inches blade on the saw, and the maximum cutting depth is 2.25 inches.
- The saw doesn’t come with battery and charger.
8. Ryobi One P505 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
At number 8, we have a cordless circular saw from Ryobi. This model is also a heavy duty saw that is available at an affordable price. The tool’s handle comes with a soft rubber grip to reduce the vibrations and increase the grip. The lower guard is transparent, and hence you get a higher level of accuracy while cutting. The design has an extra side handle on the left side, which improves the stability of the saw, but it also increases the visibility.
The saw is powered by an 18-volt battery that you can purchase, and it comes with fast charging technology. With a maximum operating speed of 4700 RPM, the saw proves to be a powerful option for cutting wood, plastic, soft metal, or drywall. You get a 24 month warranty on this saw that covers almost everything.
- This model is a 5.5-inch cordless circular saw that operates at a maximum speed of 4700 RPM.
- The bevel angle can be adjusted to an angle of up to 50 degrees, which increases utility.
- The lower guard of the saw is transparent, which improves visibility and precision.
- The pack doesn’t come with a battery and charger.
9. PowerSmart Cordless Circular Saw
Power Smart also has a lot of power tools available in the market. This cordless circular saw is one such tool offered by the brand. It features a contoured over-molded handle for added comfort, and it also has a metal shoe to improve the durability. The saw features a 5.5 inches blade that enables you to get a clean and fast cut. The bevel angle can be adjusted to up to 45 degrees, allowing you to get an angled cut. The saw is durable, and the blade also lasts very long. The maximum cutting depth offered by the saw is 1.6 inches.
Changing the blade is quick, and the credit goes to the hex key that is supplied with the machine. The same key can be used to adjust the base plate as well. The brand has also equipped the machine with double safety to prevent any kind of accidental run.
- This model comes with a battery, charger, and a parallel guide.
- The saw also has a vacuum port to remove the dust while you are using the saw.
- You get a two-year warranty on the machine.
- Nothing that we could notice.
10. WORX WX531L Brushless Cordless Circular Saw
Here is the last option available in the list. This saw is from Worx store, and it is a reliable cordless circular saw. The saw has a slim body, which makes it easier for you to work with it. The lightweight design makes it comfortable for you to work for long hours. The brushless motors maximize battery performance as well as durability. The maximum cutting depth is 1.5 inches, and the saw delivers precise and quick cuts.
Most cordless circular saws do not come with a carry bag, but the advantage of buying this option is that this saw comes with a bag that can hold everything easily. The saw is also equipped with a LED light that illuminates the surface while you are using the saw. You can also use the saw for plunge cutting. Parallel guides are provided in the pack, which adds yet another level of precision to the circular saw.
- The maximum operating speed of the saw is 6900 RPM.
- The package comes with a battery, two blades, a charger, a hex key, a parallel guide, a vacuum adapter, and a carry bag.
- The brand offers a two-year warranty on this saw.
- This saw is slightly more expensive than other models on our list.
How To Choose The Best Cordless Circular Saw
Many things can impact your purchase when you are looking for a cordless circular saw. We want to take some time and educate you about all these points that may affect your purchase. By going through these points, you will be able to find out all the details about the cordless circular saws. These details will ensure that you buy nothing but the best.
Start by looking at the power output of the saw. Some of the cordless saws may have a low power output, and this can be a real trouble when you are cutting through hardwood or similar material. You need to ensure that your cordless circular saw generates enough power to rip through the material. The best way is to buy a saw above a certain amp threshold.
Laser and Parallel Guide
While cutting the material, you may also want to ensure that you are making a straight cut. The easy way to ensure a straight cut is with the help of parallel guides. Some of the brands may offer parallel guides, and they help you with the kind of cut you make. Some of the advanced saw may have a laser guide. In these cordless circular saws, there is a small laser module on the top, and this module projects the laser on the material, which further enables you to make a straight cut.
The next thing to check is the battery capacity. You need to buy a cordless circular saw that has a good battery included in the pack. Ensure that the pack also comes with a battery. You must also check at the time duration for which the saw can run on a single charge. Apart from this, you can also look at the total charging time for the battery.
A lot of brands try to save the cost by omitting the charger from the package. It might be interesting to check if the package comes with a charger. If you have power tools from the same company, you will be able to use the same charger to recharge your cordless circular saw’s battery. If the charger is not included, then be prepared to spend extra on the charger.
Size of Blade
The next important aspect of the cordless circular saw is the size of the blade. This will give you an idea about the depth of the cut that the saw can make. As per the general recommendation, you can buy anything between 4 inches to 6.5 inches depending on your needs. Remember that this is not the only factor that will impact the cutting depth.
Type of Blade
You must also check the type of blade that comes with your cordless circular saw. Choose the type of blade depending on your utility. Some blades are more appropriate for cutting wood, while others are more appropriate for cutting granite. Depending on the usage, choose the type of blade. You can even buy the cordless circular saw that comes with additional blades.
Portability & Design
The next point to consider while purchasing the cordless circular saw is the portability and the design. Some of the cordless circular saw comes with a full-body design while others have a full-body design. The full-body cordless circular saw is easier to use. You can also look at the weight of the saw. While you are checking for all these features, ensure that you also look at the weight and other portability aspects before purchasing the cordless circular saw.
Another important aspect of your purchase is the price of the cordless circular saw. You need to ensure that the saw is available at a reasonable price. Avoid the cheap models, and also avoid the very expensive models. Look at the general features that you are getting before finalizing the purchase.
The last point that we are going to talk about is the warranty aspect associated with a cordless circular saw. You need to ensure that the saw comes with a warranty that comes not only the motor but also the battery and the charger. The standard is one year; however, you will come across several brands offering three year warranty on the saw.
Cordless Circular Saw Safety Tips and Guidelines
To prevent unwanted injuries and cuts, it is mandatory to consider safety tips when working with a cordless circular saw. Let’s quickly discuss the safety tips and guidelines:
Safety Tips to follow
- Check the withdrawing lower blade guard often to make sure it works smoothly.
- Make sure the retracting lower blade guard has works freely before laying down the saw.
- Keep retracting lower blade guard and upper-lower blade guard clean and free of dust, dirt and sawdust.
- Before changing or adjusting the blade, turn off the power button.
- Make sure the saw reach on wood with full power before start to end.
- To operate the saw, use both hands. Put one hand on a trigger switch and the rest on a font knob handle.
- Keep working motor free from gathering of dirt, damages and dust.
- Choose the right blade, so that an appropriate one will allow you to cut securely. Do not force the saw to cut any object.
- Store further blades to avoid irruption in work.
- Do not rotate the saw to cut, change or check alignment.
- Do not place the fingers under the protector of the saw.
- Do not force the withdrawing lower guard in the exposed site.
- Do not over squeeze the blade-locking buff.
- Avoid using a saw blade when seems unsafe.
- Keep focused on cutting tasks when cutting wood.
- Do not transfer the saw with stiff hands on the trigger switch.
- Take the first check on other objects like screws and nails. Then use it for the main material.
- Keep proper balance and foothold when using a saw.
Guidelines to Consider
- Check the manufacture safety manual on the first use of the circular saw.
- You must add further safety by wearing a face shield, safety glasses and safety goggles.
- You have to wear a dust mask when removed from nuisance dust.
- In noisy areas, you can use an adequate hearing protection tool.
- Ensure the retracting lower blade guard works freely.
- Check the blade that you have considered is enough sharper.
- For proper blade movement, check the saw first.
- Keep all blades and areas dust-free for proper cutting.
- When the saw is unplugged, set the depth of the blade. Make sure the lowest tooth does not range up to 0.3 cm under the wood.
Cordless Circular Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Is cordless circular saw worth it?
The cordless circular saw is worth the money. They are highly portable, and they can easily cut through the plywood. You can use the cordless circular saw for DIY projects, and they would not disappoint you. You can make a bookcase for the cordless circular saw. You can easily take the cordless circular saw anywhere without having to worry about the power source. In such a case, it can be said that the cordless circular saw is worth the money.
How much does the battery last?
The battery of the cordless circular saw can easily last for an hour. If you think that this runtime is not enough for you, then you can buy multiple batteries back. You will be able to get a higher runtime with the help of numerous batteries. However, if you are a professional who spends a lot of time on circular saws,you might want to consider alternative options.
Are the cordless circular saws more powerful than the regular ones?
The cordless circular saw is equally powerful when you compare them with the electric circular saws. Both of them have a similar motor. Remember to compare apples to apples. You will find the cordless circular saw with different types of motors and different torque ratings. Ensure that you pick the right circular saw depending on your needs. You must also account for the kind of material you will be cut using the cordless circular saw.
Who should buy a cordless circular saw?
People looking for higher portability and freedom from wires should go ahead and buy the cordless circular saws. You can easily take the cordless circular saw anywhere, and they are not very expensive either. In addition to this, the cordless circular saws are the best-suited tools for DIY projects. So, if you often work on small projects or DIY projects, you can go ahead and buy the cordless circular saw.
Can the blades of a regular circular saw be used in a cordless circular saw?
Yes, the blades are interchangeable. You will be able to use the blades of the cordless circular saw with the corded circular saw. Many of our users have both corded and cordless saws. They often use the cordless circular saws when they are traveling to a client location. So, it is certainly easy for the people to use the blades of both the saws interchangeably.
Can I cut metal and wood with a cordless circular saw?
If you plan to cut thin sheet metal with your cordless circular saw, you can certainly go ahead with that. However, if you plan to cut the thick metal sheet,you will damage your saw and the blade. While you are cutting this very thin sheet metal, you need to ensure that you choose the right blade. Cutting lumber, plywood, or any other kind of wood should not be a problem at all.
Do I get a warranty on the battery of the cordless circular saw?
Yes, you do get a warranty on the battery of the cordless circular saw. The brand will offer a guarantee of between 1 year and two years on the battery. This is complemented with the warranty on all accessories and the saw as well. You must always use the original battery with the cordless circular saw.
By now, you should be able to select the cordless circular saw for yourself. If you didn’t like any of the models on our list, you can go through the buying guide and purchase after considering the factors that matter to you. If we have to choose a cordless circular saw for ourselves, then we would opt for the one from Dewalt, Makita, or Black+Decker. These brands have a really good reputation in the market, and they manufacture highly durable saws.
If you need more details about these cordless circular saws, we would request you to visit the link associated with each line item. The link will redirect you to the Amazon page of the cordless circular saw, and you will be able to get all the details from the page. Before closing the website, you can even review other articles about different types of saws. Our website has all the possible information about the different types of saws. Thank You
For More Circular Saw Visit Links Below:
- Best Cordless Circular Saw Reviews
- 1. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- 2. DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
- 3. GALAX PRO 20V 4-1/2″ Cordless Circular Saw
- 4. SKIL 20V 6-1/2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- 5. EnerTwist 20V Max 4-1/2″ Cordless Circular Saw
- 6. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
- 7. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
- 8. Ryobi One P505 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw
- 9. PowerSmart Cordless Circular Saw
- 10. WORX WX531L Brushless Cordless Circular Saw
- How To Choose The Best Cordless Circular Saw
- Cordless Circular Saw Safety Tips and Guidelines
- Cordless Circular Saw Frequently Asked Questions