10 Best Dry Tile Saw 2023 – Expert Reviews & Guide
We all love neat tile work, and it makes the interior look fantastic. The tiles should be neatly cut, and it should be aligned neatly. One thing that you will need during the tile work is a dry tile saw. These saws can cut through ceramic, marble, granite, porcelain, glass, and other types of material. Some of these saws come with a diamond tip blade. If the saw has a water coolant system, then it would even work more efficiently. There are different types of dry tile saw available on the market. Some of these saws are in the form of table saws, and other options are handheld saws. The type of model that you need to buy depends on what you are going to use it for. An automated dry tile saw with a bench would be very convenient for large projects, but a handheld tile saw would be an economical option for home-based small projects. These are also known as circular saw, and they are very efficient as well.
Best Buy Dry Saw For Tile Reviewed
The circular saw can help you with the quick and neat cutting of the tiles. These saws are easy to operate, and at the same time, you would not feel the lack of power while using them. With so many options available in the segment, it can be challenging to choose the right saw if it is your first time. Many reliable brands offer dry tile saw, so we thought of listing the top 10 best options available in 2021. You can scroll through the list of best dry tile saws, and we are sure that you are going to like one of these. It would be better to buy the dry tile saw that comes with a water adapter to keep the blade cool. So, without wasting any more time, let us review the list of these top 10 best dry tile saws that we found for you.
#1. DEWALT 4-3/8-Inch Wet/Dry Masonry Saw
At number 1, we have a dry tile saw from Dewalt. This brand is one of the best brands that you can consider. This saw motor is 10.8 amps, and it can deliver a high amount of power when required. The saw can cut through granite, concrete ceramic, porcelain, and other such materials. You can use it for a material with a thickness of up to 3 cm. Apart from this, the saw can be operated in wet as well as dry mode. In the pack, you also get a 13 feet water line feed. Using the saw with the water would reduce the dust, and it also increases the life of the blade. It is possible to Bevel the saw to 45 degrees. This feature helps you in getting angled cuts when required. You would not have to press the button continuously. There is a lock-on button that can keep the saw running, and it also reduces the fatigue for you. The powerful 10.8 amp motor delivers optimal power. The handle of the saw is also very ergonomic. Overall, it is the best saw that you can buy.
- This saw comes with a three-year warranty.
- The blade that comes in the pack is a diamond blade capable of cutting stone and ceramic.
- It has a lock-on feature, and it can also bevel to 45 degrees.
- Nothing that we could notice.
#2. Ryobi 4 in. Tile Saw
Here is the next option on our list. This model is from Ryobi, and it is a 4 inches tile saw. This model is a sturdy saw with a weight of about 9.28 pounds. The saw is very powerful, and it cuts through the granite like a hot knife cutting through the butter. The blade from Ryobi is good, but it may not retain the sharpness for a long time. Some of the customers reported that the blade could only last for about ten cuts. The saw also has a water inlet that would allow you to use it for wet cutting. The design of this saw is quite compact, and it doesn’t create any mess while using it. The saw works efficiently while you are using it with stone. It can easily compete with some of the most expensive products available in the market. The cut angle can also be adjusted to 45 degrees, and the saw is worth the money that you are going to spend on it.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- The size of this saw is compact, and it works as per the expectations.
- It is easy to use this saw, and it also comes with a water inlet.
- The blade can be a little better.
#3. Makita 4100KB 5″ Dry Masonry Saw
Another very popular brand available in this segment is Makita. This motor has a 13 Amp motor that is capable of operating at 12,200 RPM. One unique feature of this saw is that the upper dust guard is made of a transparent material. This feature helps you in increased visibility, which also helps you with higher accuracy levels. The cutting depth at a 90-degree angle is approximately 1.5 inches. You can even hook up this saw with the contoured blade for better versatility when using the saw for radius cutting. You have an option to attach the saw with the guide rale adapter for straight and accurate cutting. This adapter is not included in the package, but it is available for purchase. This saw also has a dust extraction port to keep the stuff clean. The power cord supplied with this saw has a length of 8.2 feet. The vibration levels are very low, and this helps you with higher accuracy as well. Changing the blade is also quite an easy task, so you would not have to worry about anything.
- The saw comes with a one-year warranty.
- The top dust guard is transparent, and it helps you with higher accuracy levels.
- The saw has a dust extraction port, and the motor is insulated from the dust.
- Nothing that we could notice.
#4. iQTS244 10″ Dry Cut Tile Saw
Until now, we have only talked about the handheld dry tile saws. You can even check out a dry saw that comes with a bench setup. These saws are usually a lot quicker, and they can help you with more precise cuts. The machine has an integrated dust control that helps you with dust-free cutting. The blade can cut through ceramic, marble, porcelain, and even stone. There is no requirement of using water to keep the blade cool, either. The powerful motor and the sturdy blade ensure that they can handle a high level of strain without the use of water. This brand is very concerned about your safety, and it ensures that it adheres to all the safety standards to keep you safe. This saw is so much better, and it is even complaint to OSHA safety standards for respirable silica dust. The motor has a horsepower of 1.5 Hp. The blade is kept cool with the help of vacuum technology. This is the same technology used to control the dust.
- The saw cuts without the usage of water, and it also has a dust management system.
- The motor has a capacity of 1.5 HP, and it is very powerful.
- The blade of the machine is kept cool with the vacuum technology.
- This saw is one of the most expensive saws in the market.
#5. Metabo HPT Masonry Saw, Dry Cut
At number 5, we have a dry cut saw from Metabo. This brand was earlier known as Hitachi Power Tools. We are sure that this saw doesn’t need any more introduction now. The compact saw is just 6.2 pounds in the weight, and hence you can use it all day long without any fatigue. The saw comes with a 4-inch blade that has a diamond coating for the best performance. The blade can be used even without the water. It has a 2090 watt output, and it has a no-load speed of 11500 RPM. This brand is known for its power, and the saw can easily cut through different types of materials. The coil in the motor is adequately sealed, and it is protected from dust and other debris that can hamper the performance of the motor. The saw also has a one touch lever that enables you to adjust the depth of the cut very quickly. The blade of the saw is so powerful that it can even cut through concrete tiles.
- The blade of this saw is of excellent quality, and it is worth the price.
- The brand was earlier known as Hitachi Power Tools, and it has an outstanding reputation in the market.
- The saw is lightweight, and you will also not experience kickbacks while using the saw.
- It can only be used as a dry saw.
#6. Electric Ceramic Tile Marble Saw
If you are a hobbyist and are not willing to spend a lot of money on the dry tile saw, you can consider it. It is a locally assembled saw that comes with a 4-inch blade. The saw can be used with ceramic tiles or even with granite tiles. The only problem here is that it can be used with thin tiles only. The cutting depth is limited, and so is the price. You get what you pay for. The blade that comes with the saw is sturdy, and you also get the required tools with the saw. You might not be able to use it for professional-quality projects. Check out all the details of this saw before buying it. It is mainly for the hobbyist who would like to use the saw for some personal projects.
- This saw is one of the most affordable ones in the market.
- The saw is lightweight, and it is easy to use.
- This saw can be used with marble, granite, and even ceramic.
- People do not like the quality of the saw, and it can’t be used for professional tasks.
#7. Chicago Pneumatics 2.5 Industrial Tile/Brick Saw
Here is one of the most powerful dry tile saw available in the market. This saw features a 2.5 HP motor, and it can cut through any material like a hot knife cuts the butter. The maximum dimensions of the tile that this machine supports is 18 inches x 18 inches. The maximum cutting depth of this tile is 8.125 inches. This cutting depth is possible only because of the 10 inches cutting blade. The saw comes with an oversized steel frame and a linear bar system that helps you operate the saw smoothly. The heavy duty frame ensures that the vibrations are limited, and the stability is maximum. The cutting head has a fantastic quality as well. The stand provided with the benchtop has wheels on it so that you can carry it around without having to lift heavyweights. The head of the saw can pivot between the angles of 45 degrees to -22.5 degrees. The motor has a thermal overload protection system.
- The motor of this saw has a capacity of 2.5 HP.
- The saw comes with a water pump that has a capacity of 3 gallons per minute.
- The oversized steel frame, along with the linear bar helps you with smooth operations.
- Some people do not like the customer service of this brand.
#8. HYCHIKA Circular Saw, Compact Circular Saw
If you are looking for a very compact circular saw, then you can have a look at this option from Hychika. This is a complete combo that comes with three blades. The saw is laser-guided, and that gets you rid of marking the tiles with crayons or chalks. The laser can be turned on, or it can be turned off as per the requirement. There is also a spindle lock button. The cutting depth can easily be adjusted, and there is a cutting depth scale integrated into the saw. This handheld saw features a small design, and it also has an inbuilt scaler ruler. The maximum cutting depth of the saw is 1 inch, and it has a double safety switch to protect you from accidental runs. This double safety switch can prevent several accidents, as well. On the top side of the saw, there is a power-on indicator. The cutter head can even slice through the metal that is 5 mm thick. The motor of this saw can operate at 45000 RPM, and it can cut through various materials. You also get a parallel guide attachment in the pack that enhances the accuracy of the straight cuts.
- The saw has a laser system integrated into it that can help you with straight cuts.
- The saw comes with three different types of blades, and it also features a dust exhaust pipe.
- The rubber on the handle masks the vibration.
- You might not feel comfortable using this saw for the large projects.
#9. MK Diamond MK-2001SV Electric Masonry Saw
The next option available on our list is from MK Diamonds. This saw is an electric saw that features an open back design. The design enables you to cut through the extensive size material as well. Apart from all this, the saw has an aluminum blade guard and stainless steel water tubes. The tubes do not get blocked, and they do not bend either. The saw also features a stay-level blade guard, which enhances the saw’s capabilities when it comes to the cutting depth. You can easily transport and place this saw in your workshop as it has brackets for the forklift. Overall, the saw is very powerful, and it has a lot of features. Even the water speed can be adjusted as this saw uses an electric pump to push the water on the blade. It doesn’t require a lot of maintenance as well, and the credit goes to the design of the saw. If you do not mind spending a little extra, buy this saw, and we assure you that you are going to love every bit of it.
- The brand offers a one year warranty on the saw.
- Open back design enables you to work with the extensive material as well.
- The saw has an electric water pump, and it also has stainless steel tubes for the water.
- It is not a portable saw as it is quite heavy and oversized.
#10. Chicago Electric 7 inch Bridge Tile Saw
Here is the last tile saw on our list. This saw also comes with a bench, and it can be used on tiles that are up to 20 inches long. The saw’s motor capacity is 1.5 HP, and it can make bevel cuts between 0 to 45 degrees in the left. The rip fence scale is also restricted to 0 to 45 degrees. The switch and other electrical components are waterproof, so you would not have to worry about the splashes. It should be noted that the stand is sold separately and you must buy it for a better result. Overall, it is an excellent saw that you can buy, and we are sure that you will get the desired results if you plan to use it.
- The saw has a 1.5 HP motor that can quickly drive through different kinds of materials.
- It can be used for up to 20 inches long tiles, and it also has a splash guard.
- The table can be attached to the saw, and it adds accuracy to the saw.
- The saw is slightly expensive.
How To Choose The Best Dry Tile Saw
Buying a dry tile saw is not as simple as picking something from the hardware store. You need to understand your needs, and based on that, you need to choose from the available options. For the first time buyers, this process is even complicated. The technology is also changing, and in this dynamic world, it is always important to check what you are buying. To help you choose the best Dry Tile Saw, we have listed some of the factors that you need to consider while making a purchase. Go through the details below –
Manual vs. Electric Cutter
The first decision you need to make is to buy a manual saw or an electric saw. The electric saws are a lot better than the manual saws. If you had been thinking about purchasing the manual version, you must drop it right away. The electric saws will offer you with the required accuracy, power, and speed. On this page, we have only talked about the electric saws, as they are better than the manual models.
It is better to buy a saw that has a cooling water system. This feature will keep the tiles cool, and it will also protect the blade. The result is a longer blade life. If you are planning to buy a saw, it is worth considering the ones that come with the water coolant system. Many models can work in dry mode as well as wet mode. Do consider this point before you finalize your purchase.
Look at the power delivery capacity of the motor. It should deliver constant power, and at the same time, it should not get overheated either. The motor should not be underpowered as it will restrict your usage. Optimal power delivery will ensure that you can use the saw with all kinds of materials.
Type of Blade
We have already talked about some of the critical points, but here is yet another essential aspect that you need to check before buying the dry tile saw. We are talking about the blade of the saw. You can always replace it, but the better option would be to buy a saw that comes with a reliable blade. Some of the packs also come with an extra blade, and it is worth purchasing those models.
In this point, we are talking about the size of the blade. There are many configurations available, and you can select the size as per your requirements. 4 inches to 6 inches saw would be a great option, but again, you also opt for the larger sizes depending on your needs.
The next point to consider is portability. Ensure that the saw that you are buying is portable. You should be able to carry it around without any issues. You can even consider the weight of the dry tile saw. The typical weight is approximately 8 pounds to 10 pounds. A heavier saw may end up being a problem as it can hurt your wrist. A saw with a well-balanced weight should be your preference.
You must also look at the safety features of the saw. Buy a saw that comes with an overload protection system. This feature will ensure that the motor is not strained while you are cutting through granite or any other hard material. In case of overheating or overload, the circuit will break, and the motor will stop. It prevents the breakdown of the saw.
The thickness of Tiles Supported
You may also want to consider the maximum thickness of the tile that the saw can support. Most of the saws do not have any such restrictions, but it may become a problem when you are trying to drive through the material of variable thickness. You can check out this feature to avoid any unpleasant surprises while using the saw.
Do not forget to check the price of the saw and ensure that it fits into your budget. You must buy something reliable. Do not compromise on the quality of the saw for a few dollars.
The last important point to consider while buying the saw is the warranty applies. The warranty policy will cover your purchase from the risks during the period. Most good brands will offer a year warranty, but brands like Dewalt may provide a warranty for up to 3 years. Such products are certainly better than the other ones available in the market.
Dry Tile Saw Safety Tips and Guidelines
As you have read before, a dry tile saw is best suited for tile cutting projects. You do not need water to operate this saw, as they give the most accurate cuts from the consumption of electricity. But it can heat up quickly if numerous profound cuts are made. Therefore, it is essential for large as well as small projects. But before beginning to use it, you should always need read the owner’s safety and warning manual. There are some safety precautions you need to take care of before starting to working with dry tile saw:
- As dry tiles have sharp blades, you must be careful while handling or cutting. Of course, your safety is the most important thing in such a case. For that, you must use heavy-duty work gloves to deal with it.
- When cutting or handling dry tiles with a saw, you should think about your eye safety. The cutting task of dry tiles is more dangerous than wet tiles. To protect your eyes from debris or pieces of tiles, you must wear eye protection like eye protection goggles/ glasses/ face shield. Remains of tiles may fall into your eyes and damage them.
- Along with eye safety, nose safety is also very important. During such a cutting task, there is a heavy risk cause of inhaling silica, a part of the ceramic clay which is harmful to the body. So, you must wear an N-95 mask when cutting dry tiles.
- You should take extra safety precautions while dealing with the electrical machine/tool. It can lead to electric shocks and shots circuits. Also, your expenses tool will be damaged.
- It is mandatory to wear safety glasses when you cutting glass tile. For instance, dealing with glass tile without wearing glasses will only make you blind.
- Always wear a fresh and new mask on every use of the tile saw, also, make sure the tile blade is clean and brushed well before operating.
- Electrical equipment consumes a lot of power, thus always use a quality extension that has a long wire. So, you can operate a tile saw for your cutting task safely. However, low-quality wires can melt easily. Using a quality extension cord is a suitable option for tile operation.
- In emergency cases, a first-aid kit is always helpful. So, do have a first-aid kit nearby your work area.
Dry Tile Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Dry tile saw, are they any good? Should I consider purchasing one to cut ceramic tiles?
Is it possible to use a dry tile saw as a wet tile saw?
Which one is better, a wet tile saw or a dry tile saw?
Is it true that dry tile saw and wet tile saw has disadvantages too?
Dry tile saws are more precise than wet tile saws?
Is there any way to reduce the dust and waste production while using a dry tile saw?
What is the maximum lifespan of a dry tile saw?
You can choose the dry saw from the list we have shared, and those are surely very reliable saws. While using the saw, remember to follow the correct safety protocol. Wear safety gloves, and do not forget the safety goggles as well. The blade of these tile saws are very sharp, and they can cause an injury as well. The blades can even break under stress, so a pair of safety goggles is a must. Wearing a face mask will protect you from the dusk. If you use the saw with the water inlet, then it will undoubtedly benefit you. We have already talked about those benefits in the buying guide. With all this information about the dry tile saws, we assume that you are well-equipped to choose a saw for yourself. So, go ahead and buy one today. In the comments section, do not forget to tell us about which saw you purchased.
For More Saw Visit Links Below:
Wet Tile Saw
Best Pruning Saw