Are you struggling to make the perfect crosscuts, miter cuts, and bevel cuts for specific material and specific work like woodworking and construction work? Then you probably need something that can provide the maximum possible accuracy, stability, and of course, safety as well. People generally compare the handheld circular saw with a typical miter saw for the woodworking projects. But the reality is, both types of saws are perfect for helping you with different cuts. Suppose if you want to cut across the wood board, then undoubtedly, the miter saw would perform better than a standard circular/handheld saw.
As its name suggests, a miter saw is perfect for making the miter cuts; for this, almost all the miter saws come with the angle adjustment. It ultimately helps you to cut any wide wooden board on a specific angle as you want. However, professional workers consider saws that must have the capability to crosscut, miter cut, bevel cut, and if possible, then the compound cuts. In short, if you want to speed up your woodworking project or any other construction project where you need to cut down various materials. In this situation, a miter saw can really come handy and can save a lot of your precious time.
- Best Buy Electric Miter Saw Reviewed 2021
- #1. DEWALT DWS779 Miter Saw
- #2. Hitachi C10FCG Compound Miter Saw
- #3. Metabo HPT C10FCGSM Compound Miter Saw
- #4. TACKLIFE EMS01A Miter Saw
- #5. CRAFTSMAN V20 Sliding Miter Saw
- #6. Delta 26-2241 Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- #7. Bosch CM10GD Compact Miter Saw
- #8. Makita Compound Miter Saw
- #9. SKILSAW SPT88-01 Sliding Miter Saw
- #10. Ryobi Sliding Mitre Saw
- How To Choose The Best Electric Miter Saw
- Tips for Electric Miter Saw Safety
- Electric Miter Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Electric Miter Saw Reviewed 2021
But the actual problem occurs when it comes to making the buying decision in favor of right miter saw. Most people find themselves in a confusing situation at this point; it’s because there are too many brands present that are providing too many variations in this category. Ultimately it becomes challenging for a buyer to identify which one would perfectly suit his/her needs related to woodworking, crafting, and other construction work. Thankfully, you don’t need to mess up with this type of confusion because here we are with some of the highly trustable, tested, and efficient options. Check the below list:
#1. DEWALT DWS779 Miter Saw
Because this post is all about offering the maximum possible value to readers of their time investment in reading, that’s why we first want to start with the top-selling option. On the very first spot of this list, we have decided to include the DEWALT DWS779 Miter Saw. It got nearly two thousand five star ratings on the online stores, so you can get an idea about the price to quality ratio of this miter saw. Without any further ado, let’s straight dive into this saw’s specification, and first, we want to let you know about the blade. So, it comes with the 12 inches diameter and 80 teeth, and the best part is that the kerf of this blade is very thin.
15 AMP of the highly powerful motor is behind all the smooth cutting tasks that this saw can perform or help you in. The primary motor can rotate the 12 inches of the blade with up to 3800 RPM on the normal load. This miter saw the back fence would help you make the perfect cut with proper accuracy on various angles, so you don’t even need to worry about it. One more big highlight about this miter saw is that it can slide forward and backward, helping you make cuts across the wider boards.
- A dedicated blade guard present that would automatically slide off when you pull the saw down for cutting materials, so in terms of safety, it gets full marks.
- This specific DEWALT saw model can help you with crosscuts, miter cuts, and bevel cuts on 45 degrees.
- None so far
Also Read: 10 Best Miter Saw Stand
#2. Hitachi C10FCG Compound Miter Saw
Are you looking for a saw that suits your budget, and also provide various helpful features? Well then surely, you should give a shot to the next spot of the miter saw, so on the second spot of this list, we are here with Hitachi C10FCG Compound Miter Saw. The surprising thing about this miter saw is that it provides all the features or ideal specifications at a lower price point. However, the Hitachi brand is quite reliable and popular for its advanced technologies. Talking about this specific model of the compound miter saw, let’s start with the primary motor.
So, here you are getting a 15 AMP of powerful motor, which can beat other normal saw’s motor in terms of performance. It’s clear that because of the high-performance motor, you would get a smooth cutting experience. However, it is not just about motor power, but also the blade plays a considerable role. So, here you are getting a ten inches diameter of the blade with ideal tooth density. Talking about this saw’s different angles, it is useful for miter cuts of 0 to 52 degrees angle and bevel cuts with 0 to 45 degrees. And if we talk about the cross cuts, so because of the stability and think kerf, you will be able to cut different materials precisely.
- At this price point, you are getting a compound miters saw that comes with 15 AMP of the motor; it is such a surprising thing.
- Features like blade guard, teeth density in the blade, fantastic stability, and thin kerf are the features that make this saw more valuable than standard options.
- Some users complained that the fence of this saw is not a proper square.
#3. Metabo HPT C10FCGSM Compound Miter Saw
Do you need a compound saw under a low budget with almost all the specifications and functionality? If yes is your answer, then this is the option that you might find a bit interesting. On the third spot of this list, we have decided to develop a refurbished saw option, the Metabo HPT C10FCGSM Compound Miter Saw. First, it is a typical compound miter saw, which means it can offer you all the variety of cuts that you can expect from a miter saw, like a crosscut, bevel cut, miter cut, and course compound miter cuts.
The table comes with the angle measurement and proper rotation so that you can adjust it as per your need to cut a material piece from a different angle. However, to cut the pieces diagonally in different angles, you can adjust the primary motor section till 0 to 45 degrees. Additional features make it more useful and continent to use as it comes with a vacuum dust collector’s functional capacity and the blade guard.
- This compound miter saw the price point is pretty aggressive; therefore, it becomes the most valuable saw at this price point with a great price to quality ratio.
- The overall weight is not that heavy, which means it would be super easy for you to shift this miter saw from one stand to another.
- The build quality seems a bit cheap at first, but it is quite acceptable according to the price point.
#4. TACKLIFE EMS01A Miter Saw
No doubt that the versatility of a saw is another excellent factor that matters a lot for workers. So, if you are looking for a highly versatile miter saw, then here we got something special for you. Here we want to let you know about the TACKLIFE EMS01A Miter Saw on this list’s fourth spot. The biggest highlight of this specific miter saw is that you can control the blade’s speed as per your need, the normal load speed is around 3200 RPM, and the 4500 RPM is full load speed.
Talking about some other aspects of this saw, so let’s first focus on the blade type. Here the manufacturers are providing three blades for cutting various material types without having any issue. With various blades and this saw’s adjustability, it seems a great combination of different angled cuts. One other feature that we liked the most about this saw is its sliding functionality. Therefore, it would become too easy for you to cut a wide wooden board without using any other cutting tool or saw.
- The Primary 15 AMP of the powerful motor is the main reason behind this flawless and high performance of this miter saw.
- The combination of three blades, adjustability, and the sliding functionality of this saw makes it a superior option at this specific price point.
- None so far
#5. CRAFTSMAN V20 Sliding Miter Saw
Every person has different preferences in terms of buying a particular product. Right? And the same applies in the case of buying miter saws, so if you don’t want to mess up with the wiring type of stuff while using a saw, then you should explore the category of cordless miter saws. On the fifth spot of this list, here we are with the CRAFTSMAN V20 Sliding Miter Saw. As we mentioned earlier, this miter’s most significant plus point is that it is a completely cordless option. The best part is that almost all the buyers found it quite useful for their work; therefore, they gave it higher star ratings on online stores that you can check out.
Going deep in the specification segment, so it comes with a V20 cordless system that powers up a 4 AMP of the primary motor. Yeah, the motor is not that powerful, but the blade rotation speed of 3800 RPM is just impressive. It ultimately indicates that you can use it as a standard miter saw for home and commercial uses.
- It comes with the lithium-ion battery, which is capable of running this miter saw on its maximum load to generate enough rotation speed.
- The lightweight design, simplicity, and easy operation are some excellent features of this sliding miter saw.
- There are various combos, and packs present related to this specific miter saw by CRAFTSMAN on the online store, so you can explore them and get the additional tools with this saw.
- None so far
#6. Delta 26-2241 Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Next, here we are with a unique design approach of the compound miter saw, this time we have included the Delta 26-2241 Sliding Compound Miter Saw. From a unique design approach, we meant about the extendable arm section that it comes with. This extended and flexible arm feature is the biggest highlight of this saw, and ultimately it is responsible for its fantastic versatility. But the only thing to keep in mind before making the final purchase decision in favor of this saw is that it is a premium quality of saw. Which means this compound miter saw by Delta may cost you a bit higher than other options of this list.
You can expect to cut 16 inches of crosscuts without any issues because of the extended arm function. However, it is possible to cut in various angles with this compound saw, no matter if you want to make bevel, compound, miter, and crosscut. The accuracy level is also pretty great; even you can operate it with one hand only. Basically, the adjustable fence and this saw’s stability make it more accurate and easy to use to some precise cuts.
- Dual bevel lever allows you to adjust the saw’s angle as per your need, and for this, you don’t even need to go behind the saw.
- This saw is a great example of top-notch cutting performance and safety features as well; therefore, the price to quality ratio is a bit high here.
- The price point might not suit some users’ budget because it is a premium segment of the miter saw.
#7. Bosch CM10GD Compact Miter Saw
We have decided to put another premium miter saw for this post’s readers going down to number seven. This time, we have included the Bosch CM10GD Compact Miter Saw. Bosch is one of the most globally famous brands for its latest technology implementation. While selecting a compound miter saw, you should definitely consider this option of our list because it is offering almost all the features that you can expect from a miter saw. The first and most significant highlight of this saw is the adjustable design that it comes with.
Not only the primary motor section, but you can also rotate the table to make a precise cut as per your need. For better clarification, we want to let you know that this miter saw comes with almost all the cut type such as crosscut, bevel cut, miter cut, and compound cut. The accuracy is also on the next level, but the other thing that makes it more controllable is its handle section. The manufacturers have offered an ergonomic design of grippy handle for better grip and control over the saw arm.
- Because of the top-notch accuracy, you can ensure to make precise cuts, and therefore it seems a perfect saw for commercial use.
- Double trigger safety and blade guard are the features that are making this miter saw safer for use at the construction site.
- This miter’s overall weight is more than 60 lbs, which is way too hard to shift from one place to another.
#8. Makita Compound Miter Saw
Coming back to the decent price point of miter saws, we picked the Makita Compound Miter Saw. This miter saw the price point seems reasonable, but the overall performance and functionality you will get here will be top-notch. But before we want to let you know about something important, it is a pretty lightweight design of saw, which makes it convenient to use for both commercial works as well as home use. Thankfully, the manufacturers have offered a 15 AMP of powerful primary motor taking this saw’s performance on the next level.
The motor can rotate the primary blade with 4600 RPM average and constant speed on the normal load. That simply indicates the overall performance the smoothness of this miter saw. With this saw, you can make the miter cuts on 0 to 45 degrees left, and 0 to 52 degrees right. However, the bevel cuts with up to 45 degrees are possible with this compound miter saw by Makita.
- The compact and lightweight design allows you to shift this miter from one place to another without any issue.
- Double safety trigger on the handle section is making it much safer to use for a novice person.
- Some users complained that the build quality is not that great here, ultimately it seems a bit cheap at first.
#9. SKILSAW SPT88-01 Sliding Miter Saw
Do you want every single functionality and feature in your miter saw? If yes is your answer then look at this particular option of our list, on the ninth spot of this list, we have added the SKILSAW SPT88-01 Sliding Miter Saw. But the key thing to remember is that it might cost you higher than other options of this list because it is a premium segment of the miter saw. Now let’s jump into the specification section, so let’s first talk about the extraordinary features. The saw comes with electric brake, worm drive gearing, and shadow light like advanced features.
The features mentioned above can enhance the overall user experience of a person with this miter saw. This saw’s smoothness is also pretty impressive, it cuts the wood, and other materials like a warm knife cuts butter lobe. And the primary reason behind the excellent smoothness is the power that the primary motor generates. For better clarification, we want to let all the readers know that this sliding miter saw comes with the motor’s dual field and 15 AMP.
- Bevel cuts from both sight and left sides up to 45 degrees angle, providing top-notch flexibility for various construction works.
- The best feature that many users and we liked the most is the light shadow feature that enhances this saw’s overall accuracy in a simpler way.
- The price point is way too high than our list’s other options, but it is worth it if you want advanced features in a saw.
#10. Ryobi Sliding Mitre Saw
Finally, we are on the final spot of this list, and we didn’t forget to offer the value to our readers; therefore, we are here with the Ryobi Sliding Miter Saw. The best thing that we liked the most about this specific sliding miter saw is its impressive lightweight design. So the shifting and storing process of this miter saw will be super easy for you, especially taking it to different construction sites.
It is a small-sized miter saw with a seven ¼ inches of blade diameter, but the interesting thing is that the RPM speed is more than 5350, on regular load. However, it is possible to make wide crosscuts, angled bevel cuts on both right and left sides, and the miter cuts with proper measurement.
- The primary, credible-tipped blade is capable of cutting hard materials with buttery smoothness, and the fast 5350 RPM of speed always supports the smoothness of this saw.
- The saw head’s sliding functionality with better angle adjustment seems a great combination for precise cutting of various materials.
- None so far
How To Choose The Best Electric Miter Saw
It is very understandable to us how hard it is to select the right miter saw options because there are many good options present. But if you are struggling to come up with a solid buying decision, then don’t worry, this detailed buying guide will help you out. Here we will share and deeply talk about some essential points that you shouldn’t ignore while making the purchase related to miter saws. So, let’s get dive deep into this buying guide to strengthen your buying decision.
Select The Right Type
Selecting the right type of miter saw should be your first approach; mainly, four different types of miter saws are present. The first and most common type is the Standard Miter Saws. This type of standard saws comes with the capability to cut wood and other material with various cutting angles, but only from one side. Talking about two other types, then they are the single, and double compound miter saw.
You can tilt the single compound miter saw’s head in one direction only, but the double compound miter saw allows you to tilt the head in both left and right directions. The last but not least type is the Compound Sliding Miter Saw, in this type of saw you can move the main motor with a blade in the forward plus backward directions.
Do not try to ignore the Motor Power section of any power tool or electric saw; its because ultimately, the overall performance of the miter and other saw depends upon the motor power. But when you head over to the market, you’ll realize that there are too many variations present in this segment. But we suggest that you should choose an option that at least comes with 10 to 15 AMP of motor power. Thankfully, on this post, we have added the majority of options that come with high motor power like 15 AMP.
Eventually, the overall performance of a saw can be determined by the smoothness in cutting; therefore, it is a recommendation for you not to ignore the miter saw blade section. The blade’s size may vary from 7 inches to 12 inches, but we suggest that if you are buying a miter saw, then a 10 inches diameter of the blade would be the right choice. However, the material of blade and teeth density also matters a lot while choosing the right blade. So, you also keep an eye on the material and the number of teeth that manufacturers are offering in their blades.
Accuracy Enhancement Features
Professionals always prefer miter saws because they know how accurate this option is. But still, you need to consider this accuracy enhancement feature section because many manufacturers offer great features in their miter saw to improve the accuracy. Here we are talking about features like shadow light, laser guide, arm stability, etc. These are some of the features that you can look for while choosing a miter saw to ensure proper accuracy in your work.
You shouldn’t compromise with safety features in any kind of power tool, nor while selecting the right miter saw for your work. Always ensure that you are getting a miter saw that comes with nice handle grip, double trigger switch, and blade guard. If any options are not providing these features, it would be great for you to skip that particular option and look for a much safer one. The good news is that above on this list, we have added ten options, and almost all of them have these features that we are talking about.
Tips for Electric Miter Saw Safety
Electric miter saws help a lot in cutting the wooden blocks into desired shapes and sizes. But there are considerable safety measures that one needs to follow while using it to ensure complete safety. Here is the list of some of the safety tips you should follow:
- Always wear eye and ear protection like goggles and earplugs when using an electric miter saw. This will help you from dust and debris or even smaller wooden pieces from coming and hurting you.
- Although gloves are one of the safety equipment that is used as part of safety gear, you should avoid wearing gloves while using an electric miter saw. Gloves can interfere in usability and gripping, hence it’s better to avoid gloves. Also, avoid any loose clothing and jewels as they may end up affecting or getting caught in the saw blades.
- Always place the safety guards in place before using an electric miter saw. Safety guards will keep the machine and the blades at a safe distance and away from you. If the safety guards tend to affect the performance,then check to see whether they are in the right order or not. If it’s not working properly then adjust the guards or get it repaired.
- Always switch off the power and unplug the cord from the socket when you have to repair or adjust the blades or the guards. Also, switch off the power when not in use to avoid any short circuits and shocks.
- Always keep your fingers and hands away from the blades for at least a distance of 6 inches to 8 inches. This is to make sure that your hands and fingers are at a safe distance.
- Always clean your blades and the electric miter saw after usage to prolong the life of the machine and to make sure that the machine remains safe to use for the long haul. This will ensure that the machine functions properly and safely.
- Only use the recommended sized blades with the electric miter saw. The recommended size can be checked on the manual or the guide handle provided with the saw. Using any other size than the recommend ones can cause wobbles and inefficient performance and can result in damages and accidents.
- Regularly service your machine: Electric miter saw over time can become inefficient due to lack of servicing and maintenance. Besides cleaning them regularly, you also need to check the wires and the mechanism inside them. Try to oil the parts once in a while and also tighten the screws.
Electric Miter Saw Frequently Asked Questions
I am not able to choose between 10 inches & 12 inches miter saw. Which one should I buy?
10 inch miter saw are faster, and they are cheaper because of their small size. The 12-inch miter saw has slightly reduced speed because of the heavier blade. The 12-inch model is also going to be more expensive. At the moment, people mostly prefer a 10 inch miter saw as they can easily cut through a 4×4. If you are going to work with larger lumber, you must get a 12-inch miter saw for your workshop. If you are more into DIY projects, then a 10 inch miter saw would be enough.
Can I make angled cuts with the miter saw?
Yes, you can use the miter saw to make angled cuts. You can adjust the angle between 45 degrees and 90 degrees. The angled cut enables higher flexibility for you. If you are making joints or anything similar, then you can get the angled cut with the help of the miter saw. It is pretty accurate in terms of the output, and you will find no difficulty even when you are working at high speeds.
Can a circular saw replace the miter saw?
This is more of a personal opinion, and you would need to choose for yourself. You will come across professionals who would not have used a circular saw if they have a miter saw. Since the miter saw is stationary, it is easier to use it, and it is also very accurate. Some people find it challenging to handle the circular saw, and the blade guards make it even more challenging to get the proper visibility. In such a case, the miter saw can replace the circular saw in your workshop, and it will prove to be a more versatile tool. However, if you are starting and wish to restrict your capital investment, you can buy a circular saw first.
How to use the miter saw on the ground?
If you have space restrictions, then you can certainly use the miter saw on the floor. This practice would not damage the saw, but it will undoubtedly make it challenging to get accurate cuts. You might not get enough support when you are working with long boards. If you plan to use the miter saw on the ground, ensure that you have enough stability with the saw so that you do not end up with uneven cuts. You must also ensure that the working position is comfortable and do not end up with a sore back.
How can I improve the accuracy of the miter saw?
Having an extendable platform can help you a great deal when it comes to improving the accuracy of the miter saw. Some of the saw tables come with an extendable platform, while others may come with extendable support. Having better support while working on the longer lumber pieces will improve your accuracy by a considerable magnitude.
What all things can I build with the miter saw?
Miter saw is very helpful when it comes to making repetitive cuts. The efficiency of the miter saw is unmatched, and it can help you with various professional projects. The miter saw proves to be of great help when you need to work on projects like the outdoor beverage table, outdoor coffee table, cabinets, dog gates, etc. The miter saw can help you cut the pieces of the same length required in such projects. Having a miter saw is of great advantage, especially if you are working on professional projects.
Are you feeling tired of scuffing your finger on your smartphone screen for just getting some relatable suggestions regarding miter saws? If yes is your answer, then congrats, you stepped in the right place because this whole in-detailed post was all about you. Here we have listed ten best miter saw options after conducting in-depth research on this particular topic.