Just like its name suggests, a Japanese saw was used and made in Japan for the first time. If you look at the woodwork of Japan, you will understand how beautiful they are. Every piece looks like a masterpiece. There are many wooden structures and temples in Japan that are made with the help of just wood and nothing else. They used butterfly joints and other kinds of joint work and completely avoided the use of nails and screws in their constructions. All those buildings were strong for years, and they were able to stand against the earthquakes as well. Such kind of woodwork needs some perfect and special tools like the Japanese Saw. They are also called pull saw because you will be able to get an accurate rate with just a pull. Unlike the European saws, you need not have to push or put a lot of effort to get the work done. Japanese saw is much better than many other saws that you use daily. They can be useful for professional woodworkers and also for those who wish to do some woodwork in the house. But professionals understand its importance better.
Best Buy Japanese Saw Reviewed
It is called a mini hand-operated cutting machine. If you have an idea about how to use it in the right way, you will be able to cut better and faster with it. You will get a clean cut with the help of this Japanese saw. It requires very little effort when compared to other saws you use. There are many other benefits of using a Japanese saw like it will be able to reach corners that a normal hand saw will not be able to reach, and that is due to its size. With so many advantages, you may wish to buy one for yourself. Whether it is for your house or your wood workshop, you cannot just buy any Japanese Saw available at a store near you. You need to make the right choice so that you will not have to be disappointed later. So, here we have a list of the ten best Japanese saws that can be useful for you. This will save you some time in picking the good quality Japanese saw. Have a look at some of the best rated Japanese Saw that value for the money in the present marketâ€¦
#1. SUIZAN Japanese Pull Saw Hand Saw
The first product on the list is SUIZAN Japanese Pull Saw Hand Saw. Japanese saws are very accurate and will give you a perfect cut. These saws cut the material by pulling the saw, rather than pushing and hence called a push saw as well. This saw from Suizan is perfect for cutting any piece of wood in the right way. It comes with 25 teeth per inch and is very fast in cutting the wood. The best part about this Japanese saw is it comes with a double edge for cutting. You can use both the edges for cutting, and it is called the Ryoba Japanese saw. The blade of the Japanese saw is made using steel metal, and it is very strong. It is rust-free metal and lasts for a very long time. The metal makes the blade very strong. The blade’s length is 9 Â½ inches, and the overall size is 24 inches and is perfect for cutting. Whether you are a professional or just started using Japanese saw, you will be able to use it with ease. This brand Suizan has a history of 100 years, so they understand the requirements better. You can replace the hand saw blade, and they are available easily at the online stores.
- It comes with a double edge blade.
- The blade has 25 teeth per inch.
- The blade is made of high-quality steel.
- The length of the blade is 9 Â½ inches, and the overall length is 24 inches.
- The blade is too thin.
#2. GYOKUCHO Ryoba Double Edge Razor Saw
GYOKUCHO Ryoba 9-1/2inch Double Edge Razor Saw is the next product that you can check. This Ryoba saw is perfect for cutting different kinds of edges and joints. You will be able to work faster and perfectly with the help of the saw. If you have ever seen the traditional pull saw from Japan, you will call it the modern variant of the same pull saw. It comes with double edge and so makes it easy for you to use the saw from either side. It is made in Japan. It comes with a 9 Â½ inches blade, and the teeth pitch is 1.4 mm. The blade of the Japanese saw is made using steel, and this will make sure that the blade lasts for a very long time. The weight of the saw is 7.7 ounces, and that is very light in weight. You can easily hold it and pull it. You can get the perfect cut with just a few pulls. The handle of the Japanese saw is long enough and also provides you with a perfect grip. It does not slip off from the hands.
- It is a double-edged Japanese saw.
- It comes with a 9 Â½ inches blade.
- The teeth pitch is 1.4 mm.
- You can cut different kinds of joints and edges.
- The blade of the saw is made using Steel.
- The handle is long and provides a perfect grip.
- No cons so far.
#3. Okada Hardware Japanese Mini Dozuki Panel Saw
For a perfect dovetail cut, you will need the Okada Hardware Japanese Mini Dozuki Panel Saw. Dozuki saw are small in size and very easy to handle. You will be able to get the wood to the right shape for professional carpentry work. The blade of this saw is made using Iron, and it is rust-free material. The blade of the Japanese saw is very thin and so to keep it stable, it comes with a spine. It looks very much like a mini backsaw. It comes with a firm grip that makes it easy for you to hold the saw in your hands. You will also be able to replace the blade of the saw without many efforts. The replacement blades are available in the market very easily. It is good for professional use in the workshop or even for beginners. The teeth of the blade are strong and thin. The sharpness of this Japanese blade will last for a very long time. The weight of the Japanese saw is 3.84 ounces, and hence you can use it in any way you like. The thickness of the blade is 1 mm only.
- It is a good saw for dovetail cuts.
- The blade is thin, and hence it comes with a spine.
- The weight of the blade is very less, which is 3.84 ounces.
- You will be able to replace the blades.
- It is made using flimsy material.
#4. GYOKUCHO Razor Ryoba Saw with Blade
If you are looking for a double-edged Japanese saw, you should look at GYOKUCHO Razor Ryoba Saw with Blade. You will be able to cut the wood with both sides of the blade. One side of the saw is suitable for crosscutting work and finer cuts, while the other side of the saw is good for rip cuts. The best part of this Japanese saw is that the handle of the saw can be tilted based on how you wish to use the blade. The thickness of the blade is just 0.5 mm only. It is very thin, but perfect for fine cuts. The side that is suitable for crosscuts ha 19 teeth per inch and the side that can be used for fine cuts has nine teeth per inch. The overall length of the blade is just seven inches. With a tilt feature, you will be able to reach the corners, where a normal saw will not be able to reach. This saw is very helpful for the boat builder and carpenters as well. The weight of the saw is 6.3 ounces, and the length of the handle is also good enough to hold it in the right manner.
- It comes with a double edge blade.
- One side of the blade can be used for crosscuts with 19 teeth per inch.
- The other side of the blade can be used for fine cuts with nine teeth per inch.
- The thickness of the blade is only 0.5 mm.
- It is good only for small projects.
#5. Topman Authentic Japanese Flush Cut Trim Saw
Topman Authentic Japanese Woodworking Flush Cut Trim Saw with Flexible Blade is the next good product that you should check out. When you look at this Japanese saw for the first time, it looks much like a knife that you have in your house. But the only difference is it has teeth on the cutting edge, while the knives have a sharp edge. The overall length of the Japanese saw is 12 inches, out of which the blade is 6 Â¼ inches, and the handle is 5 Â¾ inches. It is perfect for cutting wood, and also the grip is perfect. You will be able to use this saw for flush-cuts, trim wood, and pegs without having to scratch the wood or damage it. The blade of this saw is made of steel, and it is very flexible as well. You will be able to reach the areas that a normal saw cannot reach. You can eliminate buckling, and then this is the right saw. The sawdust is less when you are using this saw for cutting. The overall weight of the Japanese saw is 3.2 ounces, and that makes it easy for you to make any precise cuts.
- It is a 12 Japanese saw with 6 Â¼ inches blade.
- The blade is made of steel.
- It is a perfect saw for flush cuts.
- It is a very flexible saw to reach more corners for an accurate cut.
- The blade is too thin, and you need to be very careful while using it.
#6. Caliastro Ryoba Double Edge Japanese Style Hand Saw
Here is one more double edge Japanese Saw Caliastro Ryoba Double Edge Pull Japanese Style Hand Saw. If you are into professional woodworking, then you will surely need a Japanese saw. It is good for fine cuts, but it works faster than any other saw. It is a pull saw, and so it delivers a perfect cut in just one pull. This is a double edge saw, which can be used from both sides. But each side of the blade is made for specific kinds of cuts. One side of the blade is suitable for rip cuts, while the other side is just perfect for cleaning and finding cuts. The rip-cut side comes with seven teeth per inch, and the other side comes with 15 teeth per inch. The overall length of the saw is 22 inches. The blade is 10 inches long, and you get a 12-inch handle. It is long enough for a perfect grip while you are working on the wood. With a pull saw, you will be able to gain more control over the wood and the cuts. You can use it on greenwood, hardwood, engineered wood, and also molding as well.
- It is a double-edged Japanese saw.
- You will be able to use it for two different kinds of cuts.
- It comes with 7 teeth per inch on one side, while it has 15 teeth per inch on the other side.
- The length of the blade is 10 inches.
- The blade is not at all sharp.
#7. HACHIEMON Japanese Saw
When you wish to make some fine cuts in the wood, you will need a small saw. You should be able to cut the joints and edges in the right way. If you are using a long saw, you will not be able to achieve the accurate cut as you do with a Japanese saw. So, if you are looking for a small Japanese saw, then just check out HACHIEMON Japanese Saw. It looks very much like a knife in your kitchen, but this one just has teeth on the blade, instead of the sharp edge. It is a portable Japanese saw as you will be able to fold it and carry it in your bag very easily. It also comes with a Vinyl casing that can keep the saw protected when you are carrying. The metal used in the making of the blade comes with a special coating. This coating will keep the blade safe from rust. The overall length of the saw is 18.9 inches, and the blade alone is 8.3 inches. When you fold it, it is just 10.4 inches and hence you can carry it in any bag. The weight is also 4.3 ounces.
- It is a foldable Japanese saw.
- The length of the blade is 8.3 inches.
- It comes with a Vinyl casing for easy carrying.
- It is a foldable saw, and when folded, it is only 10.4 inches.
- The carry case could have been stronger and better.
#8. Roamwild PRO Japanese Double Edge Pull Saw
Here is a different model of Japanese saw, Roamwild PRO Japanese Double Edge Pull Saw. If you are looking for some unique design, then you should check out this model. It is a two in one saw because it comes with a double edge. It comes with a 12-inch blade on one side, which can be used for general carpentry cutting work. This side has 14 teeth per inch. The other unique angled blade is 6.5 inches, with 22 teeth per inch. You will be able to cut the wood in the right shape that you need. The design and shape of the Japanese saw is very different from what we have seen so far. It comes in a unique shape so that you will be able to enjoy the cleanest cuts, and also you need not have to put a lot of effort. High-quality Japanese steel metal is used in the making of the blade, and hence they are going to last for a very long time. You can use this saw for cutting different kinds of wood. Its ergonomic design makes sure that the saw is handled in the right way. Just one button push and you will be able to replace the blades as well.
- It is a double-edged Japanese Saw.
- One side is a 12-inch blade, and the other side is 6.5 inches.
- It comes in a unique design for the finest cuts.
- One push button will help in releasing the blade and replacing it with a new one.
- No cons so far.
#9. DUEBELRyoba Double Edge Japanese Pull Saw
DUEBELRyoba Double Edge Japanese Pull Saw is the next product in the list of best Japanese saw in the market. A Japanese saw can be used in multiple ways, such as cutting ABS pipes, PVC pipes, timber, logs, bamboo cutting, garden pruning, and many carpentry works. The cuts are made by pulling and hence its name pull saw. They are fast to work on any kind of wood, very light in weight, but delivers a perfect and clean cut. You need not have to do a lot of work to get the perfect cut that you wanted. This Japanese saw is made using SK5 steel, which is the best quality of steel from Japan. The blade has tri-edge teeth, and they are heat-treated so that the sharpness of the blades is retained for a long time. Whether you are a master in using the Japanese saw or just getting started, you will still be able to use it in the right way. The length of the blade is 10-inches, and the handle is 12.5-inches long. The thickness of the blade is 0.023 inches. It is very thin, and hence you need to be very careful while using the Japanese saw.
- It is a double-edged Japanese Pull saw.
- It is made using SK5 quality steel metal.
- The length of the blade is 10-inches.
- The blade of the saw is easily replaceable.
- The thickness of the blade is 0.023 inches.
- It comes with a 120-days refund or replacement guarantee.
- No cons so far.
#10. DENKO SEKKA Flush cut Japanese Pull Saw
DENKO SEKKA Flush cut Japanese Pull Saw is the last product on this list. This Japanese saw also looks like a foldable pocket knife. It comes with a black color handle. It is a saw that can be folded and placed in your pocket. You can carry it along with you anywhere. This a very lightweight saw when compared to the push saw that is available in the market. When the weight is less, you will be able to cut better. You can achieve an accurate and cleaner cut with this Japanese saw. You can adjust the blade in two different positions according to your requirements. You will be able to lock the blade in both the positions so that it does not move when you are working with it. The handle of the saw comes with a Resin grip. This will make sure that the saw does not slip off from the hands. The blade of the saw can be replaced very easily, and hence you need not have to worry about sharpening the blade when it gets blunt. It comes with a 30-day guarantee. If you are not happy, then you can reach the manufacturer for any help.
- It is a foldable pocket-knife size Japanese saw.
- It is very light in weight, and so you get cleaner cuts.
- The blade can be adjusted in two different positions for better cutting.
- It comes with a Resin grip handle for a better grip.
- It comes with a 30-day guarantee from the manufacturer.
- The blade is not of good quality.
How To Choose The Best Japanese Saw
Professional woodworkers must be aware of the Japanese Saw, but people who have never seen or used them will not have any sort of idea about them. So, you may be confused about which Japanese saw to pick. If you are not sure which one to buy, then this buying guide can be very helpful as it has some important factors that you need to consider before making the right choice.
Type of Japanese Saw
When we talk about the Japanese Saw, there are many types available in the market like Anahiki, Azebiki, Dozuki, Kataba, Kugihiki, Mawashibiki, Ryoba, and Sokomawashibiki. Each of them will be used for a different purpose like the Mawashibiki is used for making keyholes and for cutting curves. So, depending on the requirement, you will have to pick the right Japanese saw or Nokogiri for your workshop. Nokogiri is the traditional name for Japanese Saw.
Length of the blade
The length of the blade will help you determine the wood that you will be able to cut with the help of the saw. You should always go for a blade with at least 8 inches blade, but Azebiki saw comes with small blade length. It is used for cutting from the centre of the wood piece, and hence it has a small blade length. Depending on the purpose, the length of the blade differs.
Some blades come with teeth on both sides, and some come with teeth on just one side. Ryoba is the Japanese saw that comes with teeth on the sides of the blade. Rest all come with teeth on just one side of the blade. The number of teeth on one inch of the blade will decide the accuracy of your cut. Usually, the teeth of the Japanese saw are tiny but will give a precise cut. The more teeth you have per inch, the more accurate is the cut.
The handle of the Japanese saw is another important thing that you need to keep in mind. When talking about the handle, there are two important parameters to consider â€“ the length of the handle and the perfect grip. You should have a long handle which is good enough to hold the saw at the right place and start cutting the wood. When you are unable to hold the saw at the right place, you will not be able to get the right cut at the right place, and also you will not be able to work faster. Also, if you are not having the right grip on the handle, it can slip off, and there are chances of accidents to happen. So, the handle of any saw, whether it is a Japanese saw or other kinds of a saw, plays a very important role in getting the right cut and also in staying safe.
It is also good to buy a saw that comes with a protective sheath. That will not just protect the sharpness of the saw, but will also help in keeping them safe. You will be able to avoid any accidents happening when not in use as well.
Japanese Saw Safety Tips and Guidelines
A Japanese Saw delivers an efficient way to cut small pieces of wood. A Japanese Saw relies on the push-strike motion while other manual tools depend on a pull-push motion. This wide structure of saw has small and sharp teeth which allow you to finesse specific shapes of metal or wood. However, using Japanese saw carelessly can lead to non-avoidable injuries.By following safety tips, you can prevent the risk of injuries; also have a proper way to cut wooden pieces safely.
- Before start to begin, make sure the object is placed firmly on the working area. You can take the help of someone else to hold it.
- Keep away from the saw blade. Position your free hand.
- Familiarize yourself with the owner’s manual before the operating task.
- Another important thing you need to do is think about your protection. For that, you must wear work gloves, eye protection glasses/goggles. You can also wear a face shield for further safety.
- Make sure, the material/ object you choose will be suitable for Japanese saw teeth.
- Use your saw for a specific task for which is it designed.
- Inspect the blade/ teeth of your saw before use. But don’t test it with your hands, fingers, or on your teeth.
- Make the object you will choose is free from nails, bolts, or nuts. The embedded object in the wood can lead to injury due to fall during the cutting task.
- Make sure the wood is locked firmly in a suitable place. For that, you can use a clamp or vice. To hold smaller material/objects, your hands should be free. As such, you have someone else hold it firmly in place.
- Draw a cut mark on the wood then start by placing your hand beside you mentioned mark. In this cutting process, you must use your thumb in a straight position and press against the blade.
- Start cutting slowly because a slow wooden task is far better than a steady task. Use your one hand to slowly force the saw. Start with two or three light upward strokes then move too fast movement until the blade makes a small mark in the wood.
- Few more short strokes make your cutting task easier to deepen the notch.
- At last, apply your full pressure by using arms and body. For full-length stroke, pressure is much needed.
- Donâ€™t harm yourself during the entire cutting procedure.
Japanese Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any way a special way to use a Japanese saw?
How to sharpen a Japanese saw in the right way?
Japanese saw is any good? Shall I purchase one?
How long will a Japanese saw last?
Could machine powered grinders used to sharpen Japanese saws?
What are some of the best uses of the Japanese saw?
Are Japanese saws suitable for making deep cuts on hardwood?
If you are buying a saw for your house, you are not going to use it daily, and if it is for professional use, then you will use it for the whole day. Whether you use it daily or occasionally, you need to be sure that you are getting the best that can last for a long time. So, which saw did you like from the above list of ten best products? All of them are good, and if you are still confused about which one to pick, then you can go through the buying guide that can guide you through the process of picking the best Japanese saw. A good Japanese saw can last for years, and hence you need to pay attention to selecting the right saw.
For More Saw Visit Links Below:
Wet Tile Saw
Best Pruning Saw