An ideal portable Jobsite table saw is hard to finalize based on the variety available. Looking at the perfect mixture of essential features is important. Table saw might seem complicated, but so many simple processes are going on. There is a motor to rotate the blade, and this motor is powered by electrical output.
Even though you know, a lot about the table saw working, and essential component, being selective is crucial. You have to remove redundant aspects from focus and consider design, power, working, and whatnot. A first-time buyer might feel way more confused with the working. The variety in the table saw is pretty impressive, and all of them claim to be the best one.
No doubt that the manufacturer’s claims are misleading, and figuring out a credible Jobsite table saw is tough. As you know that the motor is an important part, but a higher power motor can’t provide enough if the design is not stable. Higher power means better-sized motor and increased weight, which leads to poor portability.
So, it is all about choosing an ideal job site table saw. Portability is the key quality with such equipment. Here, we made a list of top choices that are intact and sufficient for a first-time buyer of Jobsite table saw. We are creating this list after considering the essential aspects like portability, working, design, power, and much more.
- Best Jobsite Table Saw Reviewed For 2021
- #1. DEWALT (DWE7491RS) 10-Inch Table Saw
- #2. Metabo HPT Jobsite Table Saw
- #3. Oliver 10in Jobsite Table Saw with Roller Stand
- #4. SawStop JSS-Mca Legacy Jobsite Saw
- #5. Ridgid R4513 15 Amp 10 in. Heavy-Duty Portable Table Saw
- #6. TACKLIFE 10-Inch 15-Amp Table Saw
- #7. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- #8. Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw
- #9. Hitachi C10RJ 10″ 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw
- #10. DEWALT Table Saw for Jobsite use
- How to Choose the Best Jobsite Table Saw
- Tips for Jobsite Table Saw Safety
- Jobsite Table Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Best Jobsite Table Saw Reviewed For 2021
Even talking to professionals, Jobsite works, and experts derived us into important factors. This list contains some of the best job site table saw which are available for different purposes. Checking on your needs and comparing the features of each table saw will help you zero down the list to a reliable choice.
Without wasting any more time, let’s take a deep dive and explore some of the best options available in the market –
#1. DEWALT (DWE7491RS) 10-Inch Table Saw
One of the most value for money deal that you can expect in the whole list is from Dewalt brand. It is a credible brand offering Jobsite tools that are highly reliable and easy to use as compared to the other options. The build quality of Dewalt (Dwe7491rs) 10-Inch Table Saw is extremely impressive and hard to avoid.
There is a powerful motor equipped inside to give you an ideal rotation speed to cut the wood into small pieces. The speed and accuracy are unmatchable, which makes this the most reliable product of choice. Portability is the key quality that can get you a suitable product without any kind of issue here.
- Get impressive portability with this lightweight and easy to move table saw.
- The build quality is impressive, and you can expect a better flow of work.
- Safety features are intact, and it has an anti-kickback plate for prevention.
- No cons reported about it.
#2. Metabo HPT Jobsite Table Saw
A product that might be slightly expensive but packs a range of features about the stability and accuracy is Metabo HPT Jobsite Table Saw. If you want a comfortable working experience, then this well-made Jobsite table saw won’t let you down. It has a higher rotation speed of 4500 RPM.
You need 15amp power to turn on the motor, and the noise from the motor is less than other options. Blades are made of strongest alloys, and they are also rustproof. It also provides an onboard storage option so that you can keep some small tools inside. Safety features are impressive, and they will provide you effective working experience.
- Rotation speed is above 4500 RPM for effective use.
- The build is sturdy, and you can expect a safer working experience.
- A stable base will get you higher accuracy and easier control of the same.
- Slightly noisy over the other ones.
#3. Oliver 10in Jobsite Table Saw with Roller Stand
To cut thick woods, you need higher power and torque. Well, the purchase of Oliver 10in Jobsite Table Saw with Roller Stand can provide you incredible power and easy to work option. The motor is providing intense power for better accuracy, and cutting large wooden boards won’t be time-consuming here.
The workflow enhances with meter gauge, and you can expect quality use here. Transporting this Jobsite table saw might be slightly typical due to the large size, but if you consider the design and use, you will be impressed. It is slightly heavy, so you might have to put some effort into taking it from one place to another.
- You get a direct drive feature and impressive functionality.
- Smooth operation while cutting down large wooden boards.
- Safety features are impressive as you can find an extra layer of protection with stability.
- It is slightly heavy, so portability gets affected by a little.
#4. SawStop JSS-Mca Legacy Jobsite Saw
In case you want an affordable Jobsite table saw, then going with SawStop JSS-Mca Legacy Jobsite Saw is not a bad choice at all. This table saw is designed for quick transportation, and it is extremely lightweight also. When it comes to using this table saw to cut wood for design or décor purpose, you can easily feel higher convenience here.
The overall design is unique, sturdy, and long-lasting that you can find in the reviews section. When it comes to giving angel cuts, you can feel higher convenience during the use, which makes this the most reliable option in all kinds. The blade is easy to remove, and you can go for any size wooden boards while using this table saw.
- Cut down large wooden boards into small pieces using this table saw.
- It is quite affordable as if you look at the features of this machine.
- It is one of the most portable options due to the lightweight design.
- For large projects and cutting thick wood, this might be a poor choice.
#5. Ridgid R4513 15 Amp 10 in. Heavy-Duty Portable Table Saw
As if you want a belt drive and willing to work on large projects, then you need something sturdy. The same functionality is offered by Ridgid R4513 15 Amp 10 in. Heavy-Duty Portable Table Saw here. It is a great quality Jobsite table saw that comes for a mid-range price point. The features are quirky, and all of them are about creativity and higher productivity.
As you, if you look at the motor power, it is going to offer you a rotation speed above 5000RPM. So, It is a great value for money deals based on the features. Accuracy is also incredible, and you can go for angel cuts using this Jobsite table saw and expect a safer use. The only issue is with slightly extra noise from the motor.
- It is easy to use, and highly portable table saw for Jobsite purpose.
- The build quality is strong, and it packs all the safety features in one place.
- All metal construction ensures a sturdy design and higher durability here.
- Stability is slightly poor, which might affect accuracy by a little.
#6. TACKLIFE 10-Inch 15-Amp Table Saw
Are you willing to get precise cuts and can’t compromise with the quality? Well, then it is important that you should be investing a little extra. TACKLIFE 10-Inch 15-Amp Table Saw is a great quality Jobsite table saw for a mid-range price point which can fulfill all your needs in an effective manner. The build quality and design are great here.
There is a low noise motor with a rubber shock absorber, which will prevent any sort of issue. You can use this table saw for DIY projects as well as consider this as a great choice for Jobsite use. You are paying a lesser amount, which ensures better use over the other options. That’s why you can go with this option for sure.
- It has a precise cutting meter gauge along with a laser scale.
- There is a high-quality drill chuck for versatile usability.
- The metal worktable is extremely thick for large projects and stable design.
- The after-sale services might be an issue with this brand.
#7. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
One of the most lightweight worm drive tables saw is SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw. You can expect maximum power and torque from this table saw as it has a 15-amp solid construction with the dual-field motor. You can increase the cutting speed and still get an extended motor life.
There is 25 inches rip capacity, and it is also offering 3-1/2 inches depth of cutting on a wide number of material types. The overall usability enhances that’s why you can consider it as a great choice. It also has a self-aligning rip fence, which can enhance the overall usability, and you can find on-tool storage for true cuts.
- It is compact in terms of design for better portability.
- The overall weight of this table saw is 49 pounds, which is comparatively low.
- It has a 15-amp solid construction with dual field motor for excellent power.
- The availability of this model is very poor.
#8. Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw
Bosch is one of the most reputed brands around the world, and they are manufacturing some of the high-power motors that are incredible. Well, you can expect the same from Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw. It is a high power table saw which can easily meet your demand with the intensive speed and great power.
The thick metal design is sturdy, and it allows you to cut thick wood into small pieces. It is a versatile table saw as you can use it for several purposes. The compact design and lightweight body get you impressive portability as compared to the other options. The motor can easily offer you a rotation speed of 5000 RPM for smooth operation and better use.
- It is easy to use a table saw with high-end portability features due to compact design.
- The build is sturdy, and there is thick metal framing for stable working.
- Motor speed gets you better versatility as RPM can reach up to 5,000 rounds.
- Slightly expensive option.
#9. Hitachi C10RJ 10″ 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw
Hitachi is also a well-liked brand and known for its quality tools for professionals. If you want a job site table saw from a reputed brand like this, then going with Hitachi C10RJ 10″ 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw will be the best choice. There are three reasons which make it an impressive option. The very first thing is the motor speed of 4500 RPM.
The very next quality is stability and accuracy that you can expect during a long work shift. It will get you better versatility and precise cuts that can make you get better functionality. The overall build is also sturdy. The last thing is the lightweight design because it is 96 pounds only even after all the impressive features.
- You get a better working experience with this thick metal Jobsite table saw.
- The overall build is sturdy, and it is also a versatile choice due to extreme motor power.
- It has 10 inches 40 Tooth carbide tipped blade for the effective cutting experience.
- There are a few negative reviews about the accuracy of this table saw.
#10. DEWALT Table Saw for Jobsite use
In case you are looking for one of the best design in all kind and willing to pay slightly extra bucks then DEWALT Table Saw for Jobsite use can enhance your overall productivity. It is a well-made, sturdy Jobsite table saw which can provide an extreme rotation speed of 5800 RPM. No doubt that this much speed is incredible.
The manufacturer is offering a guarantee on tough metal, which ensures that you will be getting a stable use. There is onboard storage offered here, and you can get a variety of cut with 24.5 inches of rip capacity. The adjustments are easier, which can provide a safer use. The last factors are overall experience and reviews, which are extremely heartwarming and positive here.
- You can expect better stability with the guaranteed tough metal body.
- Portability is not going to be an issue as this machine is very much compact.
- You are getting an intense rotation speed of 5800 RPM, this much speed is incredible.
- You have to spend a little time learning the basics and important features.
- It is highly reliable for professionals and experts only.
How to Choose the Best Jobsite Table Saw
When choosing a table saw, you have to be careful with the features because all the features aren’t important. You need the essential features which meet your demand and get you an ideal usage. Table saws that have intact safety features and effective functionality can lend you a better product for sure. The below mentioned are the top five important features that you can’t ignore in a job site table saw –
Blade Speed or Higher RPM
No one would like to waste hours cutting wooden blocks into small pieces. Such kind of work take less time, and it should be a cakewalk. So, RPM is the important factor here. RPM stands for Round Per Minute, and it is blade speed. As RPM increases, you can find that cutting hardwood seems like a cakewalk. Any number which goes beyond 4500 or 5000 can get you a smooth operation.
This is directly linked to motor power, torque, and speed. Being able to adjust RPM gives you flexibility and attaining higher accuracy during a long hour job. In the beginning, slow RPM seems fine, but when you compare it with a quality option, you can find the difference. Most manufacturers mention RPM in the description section, and if it is not mentioned, then you should contact customer support.
Accuracy with Smooth Workflow
Wooden work is expensive, and every house owner doesn’t want any kind of mistake or wastage. When working with a job site table saw, you need accuracy. While choosing a table saw, you have to consider the table saw blade because it should be extremely sharp and strong to cut through any kind of wood. If the blade isn’t sharp, it might be less accurate, and you can’t expect smoothness.
There is always a small fence that fixes wood securely. For higher accuracy, you can look for meter gauge. This small feature is available in almost every table saw, but accuracy varies from model to model. When going with a premium or mid-range option, you can expect better accuracy and a great workflow for sure.
Horse Power of Motor
Doing a little mathematics will help you understand why horsepower matters. All the professionals who want best in all kinds should be looking for maximum horsepower options currently available. An under powered table saw has issues with smoothness, speed, and accuracy. They can slow down when you are going against hardwood.
RPM might be high with low key motors, but if the horsepower is high and the RPM is also above 4,500, then you can expect a smooth workflow. An average Jobsite table saw motor is capable of providing 2 HP, and it can easily cut through 2 inches thick wood. In case you are working with greater thickness, you need extra horsepower for proper working.
A simple suggestion for those who want to work with 3 inches or greater thickness should choose 3 to 5 hp motor. On the other hand, look for power, and it should be 240 volts or more.
There are two kinds of drive types available for portable job site table saw. When choosing, you can compare the advantages and disadvantages of each type to finalize the right one.
- Direct Drive-In direct drive, the blade is directly connected to the motor, and it is transferring all its power directly into the blade. There is mainly no loss of power, and you are getting better efficiency. There will be less vibration working with this type, and you can expect less noise also. But, if you have bigger projects, then direct drive might feel less comfortable option.
- Belt Drive – There is a V-belt used in this type that connects the blade to the motor. The pulled system is used in this type, and you can find much more torque and power here. The efficiency might be low, but you can get higher power in this case. However, if you are cutting thicker woods, you can expect a smooth workflow.
Both types have their own pros and cons. You can understand the requirement and then figure out the right type.
Working with a tool that offers portability possess some sort of risk, and the same goes for the Jobsite table saw. If you go with an extremely lightweight option, you can have an issue with stability whereas heavier option has transmission problems. You have to find an ideal option that has adequate weight to the frame and base of the table saw.
You can consider the anti-kickback pawls feature for extreme safety. There is a feature called blade tilt that doesn’t go a too long way to avoid any kind of accident or mis-happening. There are magnetic switches that stop your machine from turning on by mistake. These are an essential feature, and if you are going with a portable option, then must consider magnetic switch as the most important feature.
Jobsite table saws are manufactured by a number of brands, but figuring out the best one seems like an issue. Going with a reputed brand can help you feel ease. Not all the brands are reputed as if they are popular because cheap brands also have dominance in lowkey products. Due to this, go with well-liked brands.
Comparing the brands based on their reputation, product’s build quality, durability, after-sale services, and price factors will ease up the work for you. On the other hand, you can go with brands that are not popular but have a credible after-sale services network throughout the country. We don’t want to name any brand because the reputation varies from state to state, along with the customer support network.
Finalizing a Budget
As if you are a professional job site worker and have been in this business for years, you definitely know the importance of a premium tool. Just as there is a difference in every type of wood, you can feel the same with the table saw. Choosing a higher budget means you are going to get better build quality and enhanced features.
But, if you choose to go with a mid-priced table saw, there is certainly a difference in the number of features, the build quality, stability, and motor power. Our recommendation is to go with a mid-ranged Jobsite table saw as if you have a tight budget. If you don’t have any issue with the budget, then compare the best products and choose them with closed eyes.
After-Sale Services Matter
In the early days, the after-sale services of a brand are poor, but when the brand is growing, customer support and the after-sale network improves. So, choosing a well-established brand is a better choice. There is a powerful electric motor that requires maintenance every year. You have to choose a brand which can provide you quick services.
No one would like to have poor customer support because it is going to affect your work. On the other hand, it is a one-time investment option which is directly linked to your growth and income, try investing in a quality option. To learn about customer support, there is no need to buy a job site table saw, you can check it before the purchase.
If you are buying a job site table saw from an e-commerce platform, you are getting a wider variety and flexibility of checking reviews. You can learn about motor power, noise, and other features claims. It allows you to compare the best products, and checking reviews will provide you an in-depth detail that no one can provide.
Make sure that you do not fall for rating only because ratings might be misleading. Checking out the number of purchases and then looking at plenty of reviews will get you the right product. While checking reviews, you can consider negative reviews more than a positive one to know that what kind of issues other people are facing with a particular model.
Tips for Jobsite Table Saw Safety
When you use a table saw at jobsite there are quite a few things that you need to take care of. These can range from safety measures, precautions to tips and tricks to lessen your workload and time. we here take a look at some of those safety tips for jobsite table saw to help you.
- Avoid using gloves: You should always avoid using gloves while working on a table saw. The table saw requires gripping to ensure that you are safe and using gloves hampers that. It affects the gripping power and causes a lack of tactile sense to the user. This can often cause hindrance in properly suing a table saw and even lead to mishaps and accidents.
- Use protective gears: Always wear protective gears for your eyes and ears. You should also wear helmets to accompany it. Using safety goggles and ear protection will allow you to be safe from any flying bits from the saws and also protect you from the sawdust. Also using saw results in loud screeching noises that can often cause hearing loss for workmen. It is strongly advised to use hearing protection and eye protection for your best safety measures.
- Use short sleeve clothes:When you have to use table saws a good idea would be touse short sleeve clothes. Short sleeve clothes allow you the ease of use and flexibility to the worker while the long sleeve clothes may get caught in the saw during operation. It’s a reason why most of the workers use short sleeve clothes at the jobsite.
- Keep your area clean: This can be easier said than done but is quite important. When you use a table saw, dust and debris along with wooden cut pieces are bound to get scattered and lie here and there. This can cause problems like slipping or even falling for you. To help protect yourself from any mishaps, try to clean the area once now and then.
- Always use non-slip shoes: When you work on a table saw jobsite, you are not actually in control of the floor where you’ll be stepping onto. The surface can be slippery at times. To help protect yourself from slipping off and to create a good balance for your feet, it is advised to use a non-slip shoe. Not only do they protect you from slipping but also give you good balance and control over your footing. Also, look to stand comfortably a few feet apart between your two feet for better balance.
Jobsite Table Saw Frequently Asked Questions
Jobsite table saws are different from contractor table saws? If yes how?
Yes, jobsite table saws are different from contractor table saws in functionality and build. While jobsite table saws are comparatively easy to move from one place to another, contractor table saws are designed to be stationary and it is not easy to move them around. Yet another key difference is that jobsite table saw is not designed for heavy-duty tasks. But, the contractor table saw are one of the most powerful table saws available and it could handle almost everything.
Is it true that you need an extra table with jobsite table saw?
It is not a requirement. All table saws are not very big, if you have a large work piece, pieces larger than the table itself, then attaching the jobsite table saw with another table of the same height could help you handle larger work pieces with ease. However, it is not necessary, instead of a table, you could use any support.
Is there anything that I should know before purchasing a jobsite table saw?
Yes, jobsite table saw should not be purchased simply based on brand and the price. But, it should be based on the type of functionality it offers. There are different models of jobsite table saws available out there, you should check the features, size, brand, and price while purchasing a jobsite table saw.
Are jobsite table saws safer than other table saws?
Every table saw possesses a risk and it could prove dangerous if used without care. Most of the accidents that are related to a table saw happen because of carelessness and improper use. However, unlike other table saws, jobsite table saws come with few safety features that could prevent accidents to an extend.
Does the blade size of the different models of jobsite table saws differ based on the model and brand?
Yes, of course, different models of jobsite table saws come with different size blades and other features. While some of the models have the same blade size, some of them are big and therefore the blade size also increases.
How is jobsite table saw different from hybrid table saws?
Jobsite table saws are different from hybrid table saws in different ways. While both of them are the most popular type of table saw, hybrid table saws tend to be superior to jobsite table saws. Hybrid table saws are even superior to the contractor table saw in terms of the diversity of functions. Mentioning every difference between jobsite and hybrid table saw is not easy. However, the key difference is the precision itself and power itself. A hybrid table saw is very precise and less powerful. On the other hand, jobsite table saw is less precise and has comparatively more powerful motors. Apart from this hybrid table saws are expensive than jobsite table saws.
Is there anything I could do to increase the safety offered by a jobsite table saw?
Most of the latest jobsite table saws come designed in such a way that it has advanced safety features. However, as far as we know, if you need an extra level of safety then, you could add guards at the sides of the blades. Search google and use your creativity to make one. Remember, do not try to overdo it.
A jobsite table saw could make highly precise cuts?
No, if you need a table saw that could be used to make highly precise cuts, then it is best that you consider purchasing a hybrid table saw instead. This does not mean that jobsite table saws are poor in precision, but, they are not highly precise.
The Final Verdict
Once you compare all the features of a table saw, it will be easy to figure out the reliable option. Make sure that you don’t go with poor quality Jobsite table saw because they are highly dangerous to work with. It is your choice that you want a credible and safe table saw or a cheap priced and highly dangerous option. We hope that this guidepost will come in handy to figure out the best option.