The stock blades that come with the brand new saws are not very good. Most of the time, you would need a replacement of the blade. Even if the stock blades are right, you will still need a replacement after a few months. You will experience the issue frequently with modern day equipment. The solution is easy, and you just need to install a new blade for your saw. Most of the miter saw comes with a tool-less blade replacement technology that enables easy replacement of the blade. If you start exploring the market, you will come across hundreds of blades, and the problem is that all brands claim to be the best.
It is also essential to replace the blade and keep it sharp because these blades will allow you to get the precise cut while you are working with metal or wood. Without a sharp blade, you will end up with an inaccurate cut, and then you might need to grind the cut before you can weld or join it. While buying the blade, you need to ensure that you are purchasing a blade that is sharp, sturdy, and precise. Each blade has different specifications and different features. In such a case, buying a blade from a good brand is never enough.
- Best Buy Miter Saw Blade Reviewed 2021
- #1. DEWALT 10-Inch Miter Saw Blades
- #2. CRAFTSMAN 10-Inch Miter Saw Blade
- #3. Makita A-93681 10-Inch Miter saw Blade
- #4. IRWIN 10-Inch Miter Saw Blade
- #5. Freud D1244X Diablo 12″ Miter Saw Blade
- #6. Neiko 10768A 12″ Carbide Tipped Miter Saw Blade
- #7. TWIN-TOWN 12-Inch Miter Saw Blade
- #8. Hitachi 725206 Tungsten Carbide Tipped Miter Saw Blade
- #9. Luckyway 2-Pack 10 Inch Miter Saw Blades
- #10. Metabo HPT 12-Inch Miter Saw Blade
- How To Choose The Best Miter Saw Blade
- Tips for Miter Saw Blade Safety
- Miter Saw Blade Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Miter Saw Blade Reviewed 2021
You need to consider all these features and the details before buying a blade. These factors will help you in achieving the best results while you are using the saw. Like we said earlier, each brand claims to be the best when it comes to the products they manufacture. To make a choice easy for you, we have provided you with a detailed buying guide, and the list of the best selling miter saw blades available in the market. In the next section, you can browse through the different blades and their reviews. Choose any blade from the list below, and we assure you that you will be happy with the choice.
#1. DEWALT 10-Inch Miter Saw Blades
If you are looking for a tungsten carbide blade, Dewalt is the best brand to opt for. This pack comes with two blades. One of the blades is a 10 inches 60 tooth blade while the second one is 10 inches 32 tooth blade. The kerf of both the blades is very thing, which adds a lot of precision to the blade. The blades are balanced via computer, and hence it is very stable. The blade doesn’t vibrate, and tungsten carbide stays sharp for a long time.
These blades are best suited for the miter saw, and these are also suited for slide miter saw. Another nice feature of these blades is that they have a non-stick coating on it. This coating ensures that the blade doesn’t attract a lot of sawdust on them. The blade works well with softwood, chipboard, hardwood, and even plywood. The amount of debris generated is also low.
- Dewalt assures you of the quality of the blade, and it provides a money back guarantee as well.
- It is a pack of 2 different blades, and hence it adds versatility to your tasks.
- Since the tip is of tungsten carbide, the blade lasts longer, and it also retains sharpness for a long time.
- This blade is manufactured in China.
#2. CRAFTSMAN 10-Inch Miter Saw Blade
Combo packs are certainly better than the regular blades. If you are planning to buy combo blades, you can check out this option from Craftsman. These blades have induction brazed carbide tips. These tips add a lot of sharpness and durability to the blade. While cutting the hard material, the blades may end up with a wrap, but this blade has been heat-treated to ensure that it doesn’t bend. The ground teeth offer a smooth and accurate cut with each kind of material. Both the blades have been coated with a corrosion resistant coating. This coating makes the blade smooth, and it also prevents the blade from rusting.
Both the blades in this pack are 10 inches blade. One of the blades has 24 teeth design, and the second one has 60 teeth design. The blades are of exceptionally high quality, and we assure you that you are going to love this product.
- This pack is available at an affordable price.
- The pack has two blades. One of them is a 24T blade while the second one is a 60T blade.
- The blades are sharp, and they retain their sharpness for a long time.
- Nothing that we could notice.
#3. Makita A-93681 10-Inch Miter saw Blade
If you are looking for a premium blade, then you can even buy one from Makita. This particular option is designed for the tasks that require a smooth cut. In terms of specs, it is a 10 inches blade with 80 tooth design. To give it a perfect finish, Makita has given a mirror finish to the blade with a 600 grit polish. The blade has also been hardened so that it can handle tough materials as well. The kerf of the blade is thin, and it is just 0.091 inches. The thickness of the plate is 0.071 inches. Apart from this, the blade has a hook angle of 5 degrees.
If you often engage in fine crosscutting, this would prove to be one of the best blades you can invest in. It can easily handle hardwood, plywood, and softwood. There are sockets in the blade, which not only reduces the noise, but these sockets also reduce the vibration. The slots help the blade in expansion when you are operating wood for a long time.
- It is one of the most premium 80T blades on our list.
- The blade has ultra-thin kerf, and the steel plate is also very thin.
- The quality of the blade is extreme, and it doesn’t lose its sharpness quickly.
- There are no cons associated with this blade.
#4. IRWIN 10-Inch Miter Saw Blade
We have talked about 24 T blade, 60 T blade, and 80 T blade. We have had some requests where users were looking for a finer blade. Here is one such blade from IRWIN. It is a 10 inches blade that comes with 180 T configuration. Such a high number of teeth makes it ideal for accurate cuts. The blade has also been hardened, so it is certainly durable. The primary material used in the construction of the blade is high carbon steel.
The kerf of this blade is 0.09 inches, and the arbor is 5/8 inches. The results of the blade are very smooth. You can use it for the furniture work, and you can use it for other projects that require fine cuts. Some users also reported that this blade works great during vinyl fencing jobs.
- The blade works well with vinyl, acrylic, and wood.
- It has 180 T design, which offers a high grade of precision.
- This blade from Irwin is available at an affordable price.
- Some people do not like the quality of this blade.
#5. Freud D1244X Diablo 12″ Miter Saw Blade
At number 5, we have a miter saw blade from Freud. It is a 12 inches blade, and it has 44 teeth. The blade is quite easy to use. Many people wish to avoid Chinese products, and the good news is that this blade has been manufactured in Italy. The blade has stabilizer vents that trap the noise and reduces the vibration. The overall impact of these vents is a cool and stable blade. The heat expansion slots enable the metal to expand, and as a result, the blade remains straight. It is quite a durable blade, and it has micro-grain titanium carbide tips, which remain very sharp.
The blade has a long life, and the tips are designed to deal with the harsh impact of hardwood. The arbor of the blade is laser cut, and it also reduces the premature wear of the blade. This blade has been balanced via computer-aided technology, and hence it is stable even at high speeds.
- The blade has laser cut expansion and damping slots. Moreover, the blade has been balanced via a computer.
- Most of the blades on our list are 10 inches blade, but this is a 12-inch blade.
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty on the quality of the blade.
- Nothing that we could notice.
#6. Neiko 10768A 12″ Carbide Tipped Miter Saw Blade
If you are looking for alternative options in the 12 inches blade, you can even check out this blade from Neiko. It is a carbide-tipped miter saw blade that is designed to give you fine cuts. The blade can handle a high amount of heat, and it is very much resistant to abrasion. The blade has 80 teeth, and it is also an outstanding option for cutting across the grains. The blade offers clean and accurate cuts because of the 80 T configurations. You can use this blade for finishing work, and it will not disappoint you in any way.
Most of the miter saws operate at speed less than 4800 RPM, and the good part is that this blade is capable of operating at 5000 RPM. The arbor of the blade is 1 inch, and it is an ideal product for woodworks. The blade also has expansion slots, which improve the stability of the blade. Overall, it is a reliable blade that you can choose.
- The blade is capable of running at 5000 RPM.
- The blade has expansion slots, which let the metal expand during the long runs.
- The blade is suitable for fine cuts as it has an 80 T configuration.
- Nothing as such.
#7. TWIN-TOWN 12-Inch Miter Saw Blade
If you cannot find the right blade until then, you need to check out this listing. This blade is available in 6 configurations. Three of these configurations are 10 inches with 40 T, 60 T, and 80 T. The other three are 12 inches configuration with 40 T, 60 T, and 80 T configuration. This way, you can choose the blade that is required for your saw. You can even buy all three configurations in the size that is compatible with your saw. The advantage of purchasing all three blades would be that you will get the required versatility while operating with the different materials.
All the blades are very sharp, and they are designed with carbide. This factor adds precision to the blade. You can use these blades with the saw that operates at a speed of 5000 RPM or below. All the models also have stabilizer vents to keep the blade stable. The brand has also added a unique ID on every blade. This ID enables the brand to track the product in case of a quality issue.
- There are six configurations available in this blade.
- The blades have stabilizer sockets for improved stability.
- You can use these blades for cutting chipboard, plywood, MDF, softwood, and hardwood.
- There are no cons associated with this product.
#8. Hitachi 725206 Tungsten Carbide Tipped Miter Saw Blade
Hitachi used to be one of the renowned brands when it comes to power tools. The brand has been renamed Metabo, but some products are still available from the original brand partner. If you are still willing to stick to the original brand, you can buy this saw blade from Hitachi, and it is a 10 inches blade. The blade has 72 T configuration, and it is designed to give you smooth cuts. The blade can be used for making decorative moldings, and you can even use it for cutting veneer.
The tungsten carbide tips of the blade retain the sharpness, and this blade is designed especially for miter saws. The brand is highly reliable, and it even offers a 30 day limited warranty on the blade. There are precise expansion slots on the blade. The blade also has damping sockets. Lastly, the blade can operate at a maximum speed of 5500 RPM.
- The tips of the blade are of tungsten carbide, which gives a lot of strength to the blade.
- The brand offers a 30 day warranty on the blade.
- You can use this blade for veneer or decorative moldings.
- The blade is expensive, and Hitachi has been rebranded as Metabo.
#9. Luckyway 2-Pack 10 Inch Miter Saw Blades
At number 9, we have a combo pack from Luckyway. This set has two 10 inch blades. One of the blades is 32 T blade, and the second one has 60 teeth. The kerf of these blades is 0.098 inches, and the arbor is 5/8 inches. The total thickness of the steel plate is 0.08 inches. Apart from this, the blade can operate at a maximum speed of 5300 RPM.
These blades offer you a wide application, and you will be able to use them for softwood, hardwood, laminates, melamine, veneered plywood, MDF, paneling, and wood with nails. None of these materials would damage the blade. The tungsten carbide tips remain sharp even when they are abused a lot. Overall, the blades are excellent, and they prove to be an affordable option for you.
- These blades have been tested at a maximum speed of 5300 RPM.
- The pack contains 2 ATB blades, which can be used for cutting any type of wood.
- It is quite an affordable option available from Luckyway.
- Some people reported rough results with these blades.
#10. Metabo HPT 12-Inch Miter Saw Blade
Here is the last product on our list. This miter saw blade is from Metabo. If you have used Hitachi Power tools, then you would be aware of the fact that Hitachi was rebranded as Metabo. The blade has an excellent finish, and it is a 12 inches blade. It has 80 teeth, and the blade also has an exceptional finish. The arbor of the blade is of 1 inch, and the thin kerf makes it possible for you to get precision cuts. The blade has been tested at 5500 RPM, and it performs very well even at that kind of speed.
You can use this blade if you want to cut hardwood, plywood or softwood. It will offer you high quality results. You can even use the blade for cutting MDF boards.
- The teeth of the blade are designed with tungsten carbide.
- It is an ideal blade for ripping, crosscutting, or for miter cuts.
- The blade has an electrophoresis coating that protects the blade from rust.
- It is one of the most expensive blades on our list.
How To Choose The Best Miter Saw Blade
Purchasing a blade is slightly tricky. You can never be sure of what you need if you haven’t used it. Many factors also impact the choice of the blade while you are buying it. If you do not have anyone who can advise you about the blade, we recommend you make a choice yourself. We have listed all the factors that impact the buying decision when it comes to the miter saw blade. So go ahead and check out the details before making a final purchase.
Even in the miter saw blade, there are multiple variants available. You would need to check the type of miter saw blade that you need, which often depends on the usage pattern. Go through all the materials that you will be cutting and also try to list down the type of projects you will be doing. Depending on that, you can choose a blade. As per a general notion, the fine cut blades are designed for interior work and furniture. Whereas, a circular saw blade or a course cut blade can be used for cutting bigger lumbar.
Teeth per Inches
The teeth per inches for a miter saw can vary widely depending on what type of blade you are looking at. The general rule states that the higher the number of teeth per inches, the better the precision blade will offer. If you are looking for a saw for making large cuts or cutting large pieces of wood, you can go by a blade with fewer teeth per inches. If you are looking for a standard blade, you can buy anything between 40 and 80 teeth per inches.
The size of the miter saw blade is also an essential factor. You need to look at the maximum and the minimum size that your saw can support. Most of the saws are designed for accommodating a blade between 10 inches to 12 inches. Always buy the exact measurements when it comes to blade size, the blade may turn out to be useless for you.
It is essential to know the type of material that the blade is made of. The best saw blades are designed with carbide tips. These blades are very accurate, and they are even longer-lasting. The only downside of the carbide tipped blades is that they are expensive compared to the other materials. If you are looking for a cheaper option, you can opt for either a steel blade or a high carbon steel blade.
Shape of Teeth
You can even look at the shape of the blade’s teeth and ensure that you buy something appropriate for your use. You will come across saws with large and pointed blades while you will also come across blades with a hook-like design. Each type of blade has a specific use, so you must look at the shape and the purpose of the teeth before finalizing your purchase.
Kerf of Blade
Kerf means the thickness of the blade. A lot of people prefer thin blades, and we agree that the thinner blades are more precise. However, if you are going to use the blade to cut a larger material, you might want to opt for a blade with a thicker kerf. For the finishing work and the furniture work, you can buy a blade with thinner kerf.
Coating or Polish
Another dilemma that buyers face is the coating on the blade. Many blades come without any kind of polish, and you can avoid those blades. The miter saw blades that come with a polish or a coating are a lot better. These blades have reduced friction levels, and such blades wouldn’t heat up either. There wouldn’t be a lot of difference in the price of blades that come with coating or polish.
We also want you to look at the materials that are supported by the miter saw blade. In general, the saw blade can cut hardwood and softwood. You should not face any issues while cutting through the plastic as well. Some blades can even deal with soft metal and metal sheets as well. It is worth checking the kind of materials that you can use the blade on. Most of the miter saw blades can’t deal with metal.
You must also pay attention to the design of the blade. The blade should have expansion slots, which ensures better stability during extended run times. You can check if the slots in the blades also help you reduce the noise levels and vibration levels. This feature will help you in getting an accurate and precise cut. Avoid buying the blades that do not have any expansion slots and damping slots.
The price of the product should always be in your consideration list. Before you start looking out for a blade, have a price in your mind. Understand the average price of the blades available in the market. After understanding the budget constraints, look at the deals available in the market. You will have options in all range but, at the same time, do not compromise on the quality of the blade just for saving a few dollars.
Tips for Miter Saw Blade Safety
Miter saw blades have a different working mechanism to that of other saws and hence require a different approach to ensure safety. Here are a few major safety tips that should help you out while using a miter saw blade:
- Always maintain a distance of a minimum of 6 inches: When you use a miter saw, it is strongly advised that you always keep your hands at a distance of a minimum of 6 inches from the blades. This will allow you to be safe and also use the saw with precision. Though the miter saw is safer than other saws due to their enclosed and automatically functioning blades, you still need to maintain a safe distance for safety.
- Never pull the miter saw: One of the common mistakes that people do when it comes to miter saw is that they end up pulling the saw. This is quite wrong and ends up hurting you or causing accidents. You should always push the miter saw away from you for the best results.
- Never raise the blade without coming to a halt: When you use a miter saw, don’t ever be tempted to lift the blade until and unless the blade has completely stopped. If the blade is embedded into the wood, make sure that the blade stops and then lift it. This way when you lift the blade after halting the operation, chances of cutting or injuring yourself will dramatically decrease.
- Always unplug the saw when not in use: One of the basic and most important safety tips you can ever know is to unplug the device when not in use. For say, you used the miter saw to cut through the woods. Now once your work is done, simply unplug the machine. This way there won’t be any accidental instances of the machine running and injuring someone. This can also ensure safety for kids and people around you if they ever wandered around to your miter saw the area and if it’s plugged in then they may be in danger.
- Always secure the saw to the base: If you’re going to use a miter saw then it is strongly advised to get it secured or affixed to a base or a table. This ensures that the saw doesn’t wiggle or falter when put to use and continues operating securely. Such wiggling or faltering can cause the miter saw to fall down or even harm the person using it. You can secure it by simply bolting it to the workstation or desk.
Miter Saw Blade Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the number of teeth’s on a miter saw blade important?
The blade is one of the most important parts of a miter saw after the motor. As the property of the blade changes, the efficiency of the entire saw changes. If you do not know, different types of blades could cut different materials and do specific cuts with precision. When it comes to the number of teeth, it decides the speed of the blade, cut finishing, and type of cut. The fewer the number of teeth, the cutting speed increases, however, the cut finishing would be poor. On the other hand, as the number of teeth increases, the cutting speed decreases and the cut finishing is more neat and satisfactory.
Are gullets on the blades important? Shall I purchase a miter saw blade with gullets between the teeth?
Yes, gullets on the blades are important and it offers several advantages. If you have an option to purchase a miter saw blade with gullets, then we would recommend purchasing it. The gullets between the teeth would allow the blade to remove chips from the workpiece more efficiently. Apart from this, the removal of chips and sawdust could help in making more precise cuts as the cuts could be clearly visible.
I do not know anything about saw blades, especially miter saw blades, but, I need a miter saw blade that could cut smoothly, which one should I purchase?
We will not recommend a specific type of blade to purchase. However, we will offer you insight into what type of blade could help make smooth cuts. Most commonly, saw blades with densely packed teeth are the best for making smooth cuts. Most experts consider purchasing a miter saw blades with densely packed teeth as they are smooth and the kick back is very less.
My miter saw blade seems to be burning the wooden work pieces it cuts? Why is it happening?
There are two reasons for such an issue, one, the blade you are using is not designed to work on the specific type of wood you are using. Second, the speed of the wheel is too much and the resulting friction is burning your work piece. You could either change the blade or reduce the speed of the blade. Apart from these two reasons, work pieces tend to burn if you make do move the work piece fast through the blades. Slow feed rate commonly leads to the burning of work pieces.
Is it okay to use table saw blades on my miter saw? Both miter saw and table saw blades are the same?
If the dimension of both the blades is the same, then using a table saw blade on a miter saw is not an issue. However, you should check the dimension twice or thrice before doing it. As far as we know, circular saw blades are designed to be used on miter, table, radial arm, and standard circular saws.
Is it okay if I sharpen my miter saw blade? Are there any tips to do it?
Not all miter saw blades are designed to be re-sharpened. Some of the blades are just intended to be used and thrown away. They cannot be sharpened or re-used. On the other hand, some miter saw blades could be sharpened. However, sharpening such miter saw blades require a good level of patience and experience. The best way to do it is to remove the blade from the saw, mark each tooth with crayons or any other color. Then, sharpen each tooth patiently.
Many users also reach out to us to check if they can use the miter saw blade on a table saw. The answer is that it depends on various factors like the kerf, tooth count, and the hooks’ angle. You can check out the details on the packaging to understand if you can use the blade on different kinds of saws or not. Also, ensure that you are not using the miter saw blade to cut the metal. These blades are designed only for woodwork. Apart from wood, the miter saw is good enough for cutting plastic. Do not try using the miter saw on metal as this can damage the motor or the blade.
So, do not wait any longer and buy an excellent miter saw blade today. The blade will serve you for months, and it will be responsible for the accuracy and the finish of the products. Do not hesitate to spend a little extra while buying these blades. We hope that this guide has helped you in making the right decision. You can also share the page with your friends if they are looking for recommendations for the miter saw blade.