Are you into carpentry? Do you have a workshop of your own, or do you like to do your carpentry work for your house? Then you must have a miter saw. It is very hard to find one workshop that works on wood, which does not have a miter saw. You will be able to do a lot with the help of a miter saw-like cutting the edges, and you will be able to cut the wood at a perfect precision when you have the best miter saw. Different types of miter saw were available in the market, like a basic miter saw, compound miter saw, and sliding miter saw. Depending on the application, you will have to make the right choice. The basic miter saws are rarely used. It is easy to complete your woodwork with a compound miter saw or sliding miter saw. You will be able to make bevel cuts or tilted cuts with the help of the compound miter saw. Now the sliding miter saw is an advanced version of the compound miter saw, as you need not have to move the wood for cutting because you can slide the saw over the wood to cut it in the desired shape. The best thing about the sliding miter saw is they will be able to cut a bigger and thicker piece of wood compared to the compound miter saw.
Best Buy Sliding Miter Saw Reviewed
You will be able to cut double the width with a sliding miter saw. A sliding miter saw is expensive when compared to the other two miter saws available in the market, but it also helps in completing the job faster with higher precision as well. So, if you require a sliding miter saw, then you should get one for your workshop. But there are many brands and models available in the market. If you are not having any knowledge about the sliding miter saw, it can be a tough job for you. So, we have a list of ten best rated sliding miter saw in the market for you. That makes your job simple. You just need to go through the list and make a choice. That saves you a lot of time. We have considered several factors before making this list, like: There is also a small buying guide for good sliding miter saw that can be helpful for you. Have a look at some of the best sliding miter saw for the money on the marketâ€¦
1. TACKLIFE Sliding Miter Saw
The product on the list is TACKLIFE Sliding Miter Saw. Tacklife is one of the bestselling brands in the online market, and they make high-quality sliding miter saws and other types of saw as well. It is one of the best saw as it has many useful features along with the best price tag. It comes with a 15 Amp motor for the best cutting experience in your wood workshop. You will be able to achieve 100 perfect cuts if you can move the wood in the right way. It comes with double bevel, and so you will be able to tilt the cutting head to both left and right directions. The 15 Amp motor works very well with 3800 RPM. You can cut different kinds of materials like wood, plastic, metal plates, and aluminum alloy as well. It has a D-handle, which is quite comfortable for the people using it. There is also a double linear sliding rail, and this will ensure that you get a perfect cut. It also comes with a laser light marker. This marker will help you know the exact point of cut for more professional and expert-like work.
- It uses a 15 Amp motor for a better cutting experience.
- The blade is 12 inches in length for cutting thicker wood.
- Its motor works at 3800 RPM.
- It can cut different kinds of materials like wood, aluminum, metal plates, and plastic as well.
- It comes with a double bevel.
- While sliding, the blade does not stay straight.
2. Metabo HPT 10-Inch Sliding Miter Saw
One of the very useful sliding miter saw for woodworkers and carpenters is Metabo HPT 10-Inch Sliding Miter Saw. You can use this sliding saw for making miter cuts, compound cuts, and also cross-cuts without any problems. It comes with a 15 Amp motor, which is just perfect for precise cuts. It is good even for the toughest cuts that you will not be able to achieve with other miter saws. It is just 24.2 lbs in weight, and that makes it one of the ideal sliding miter saws for your woodwork. You will be able to carry it along with your workplace to get the best results. It comes with a 10-inch blade, and when combined with the 15 Amp motor, it delivers 5000 RPM for faster and better cuts. You can easily find a blade of 10-inches, and hence replacing the blade is also not a problem at all. It is a lot that you get for a very reasonable price. You will be able to cut different types of wood with the help of this miter saw. It also comes with a dust collector at the back of the blade, which is one of the most useful features in this miter saw.
- It is light in weight with just 24.2 lbs in weight.
- It comes with a 10-inch blade.
- It has a 15 Amp motor and gives you 5000 RPM.
- It is available at a very reasonable price.
- No laser light to guide you well while cutting.
3. DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The next good option that you can consider is the DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw. When you are looking for the best quality, you need not have to look for another option when you have DeWalt. It is fully assembled when you receive it. All you need to do is just plug it into the socket and start using it. It comes with 15 Amp motor, and the blade is 12 inches in length. It provides 3800 RPM for the precise cutting experience. You will be able to cut the wood according to your choice. There is no laser light guide for this sliding compound miter saw, but it still delivers exact results if you place it in the right position. You will be able to tilt it in 90 degrees and 45 degrees as well. It comes with a dust collection system, which is very efficient, and it will be able to collect more than 75 percent of the dust. So, if you are working in a small room, you need not have to worry about dust or work in the dusty atmosphere. It comes with a three-year warranty, and you can reach the manufacturer for any kind of defects or issues.
- It uses a powerful 15 Amp motor.
- It comes with a 12-inch blade.
- It can be tilted to both sides and at 90 and 45 degrees angles.
- It comes with a three-year limited warranty.
- It does not have a laser light guide.
4. CRAFTSMAN V20 Sliding Miter Saw Kit
You always get what you pay for, and this CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit is priced slightly high, but it is worth every penny that you pay for it. It comes in Red, Black, and Chrome colors. It is one of the best brands that you should check out when looking for sliding miter saw in the market. It is a lightweight saw, with just 21 lbs in weight. You will be able to slide it easily as it is not too heavy, and at the same time, you can even carry it along with you. It comes with a 7 Â¼ inch blade, which gives you an accurate and clean cut of wood. It comes with single bevel only, and hence you will be able to tilt the head in one direction only. You can tilt it to 45 degrees angle. It uses a 15 Amp motor, and it runs at 3800 RPM. It comes with a laser light guide, which can be very useful while cutting in a bad light. You will be able to focus on the exact point where you wish to cut. It comes with a three-year limited warranty on the product.
- It is very light in weight miter saw.
- It comes with a 7 Â¼ inches blade.
- It has 15 Amp motor with 3800 RPM.
- It has a laser light guide for an accurate and clean cut.
- It comes with a single bevel only.
5. SKILSAW Worm Drive Dual-Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
The next product on the list is SKILSAW SPT88-01 12 In. Worm Drive Dual-Bevel Sliding Miter Saw. It is always good to go for a miter saw that is light in weight because that makes it easy for you to carry it to anywhere of your choice. This miter saw is just 51 pounds in weight and is one of the lightest saw in the market. But it comes with a heavy-duty motor of 15 Amp. It delivers accurate results with very high speed. It comes with dual bevel, and that means you will be able to tilt the head in both directions. It comes with a capacity to handle 4 inches X 14 inches, and that makes it just perfect for any kind of wood cutting job. It has a 12-inch blade that can be used for cutting wood in the right shape. It also comes with a dust bag, and hence there will not be a problem of too much dust in the room that you are working. It comes with a LED shadow light, which is said to be the best even when compared with laser light. With the help of LED shadow light, a shadow will appear on the wood, which becomes narrow when you move the blade towards the wood. This is very helpful.
- It is very light in weight with 51 pounds weight.
- It comes with a 15 Amp motor.
- It has a 12-inch blade.
- There is a LED show light, which is very powerful than the laser light.
- No cons so far.
6. RIDGID 15 Amp Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
RIDGID 15 Amp 12 in. Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Miter Saw is another good sliding miter saw for your workshop and carpentry works. It is always good to have the best miter saw for cutting thicker and wider wood, and there cannot be a better option than choosing a sliding miter saw. You will be able to move the saw both forward and backward, and hence that makes it one of the right choices for professional woodworks. It is easy to move the saw instead of the material for better results. This sliding miter saw comes with a 15 Amp motor, which is an ideal motor for almost all miter saws. This motor can handle even a tough material very easily. The blade’s length is 12 inches, and you will also get dual bevel with this sliding miter saw. You can tilt the head in both the direction at an angle of 70 degrees. The weight of this miter saw is 64 pounds, and you will be able to lift it very easily. It comes completely assembled, and hence you need not have to do anything.
- It is a powerful sliding miter saw, which can be moved both forward and backward.
- It comes with a dual bevel at an angle of 70 degrees.
- It has a 12-inch blade.
- It weighs only 64 pounds.
- There is no laser light guide in the saw.
7. General International 10 Compound Sliding Miter Saw
Sliding miter saw is always considered better than the basic saw available in the market. It comes with many useful features. Here we have GENERAL INTERNATIONAL 10″ Compound Sliding Miter Saw. This is a good option for your carpentry work. It can shape your wood into a perfect piece you want it to be. It comes with a 10 inches blade that can last for a very long. It also comes with a push-button mechanism. With the help of this mechanism, you will be able to change the blades very easily. Spare blades are easily available in the market or at the online stores. It comes with a 15 Amp motor, which is a high-powered motor for the perfect and accurate cutting experience. It also comes with a dual bevel feature, which means you can tilt the head to both the right and left sides. You can tilt it from 0 to 45 degrees angle. It can also be used for cross-cuts at an angle of 90 degrees and compound cut at 45 degrees. You will be able to cut wood, aluminum, and plastic as well with this saw. It also has a dust bag for collecting dust.
- It comes with a 10-inch blade.
- It uses a 15 Amp high-powered motor for accurate cutting.
- It has dual-bevel, and you can tilt 45 degrees on both sides.
- It comes with a dust collecting bag.
- It uses advanced laser technology for better cutting.
- No cons so far.
8. Tool Shop Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Here is another excellent option that you can consider, Tool Shop 15-Amp Corded 10″ Single-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. It comes in chrome, black and red colors. It comes with advanced technology, and hence you will be able to get precise every time you use this miter saw. The best part about this sliding compound miter saw is it comes with a dual-speed adjustment feature. You will be able to adjust the speed of the saw, depending on the material that you are cutting. Hard materials need high speed compared to wood. It comes with a 15 Amp motor and can be used at 3200 RPM and 4500 RPM for better performance and your requirements. It also contains three blades, and they can be used in multiple ways. It comes with single-bevel, and you will be able to tilt it from 0 degrees to 45 degrees angle. It also has an iron guard so that you are protected from the dust. There is also a dust collector bag attached at the end of the blade. You also have laser light for a more accurate cut. The light can help you focus on the exact point where you wish to cut.
- It comes with a dual-speed adjustment feature â€“ 3200 RPM and 4500 RPM.
- It comes with a 10-inch blade, and it has three blades.
- It can be tilted up to 45 degrees.
- It uses a 15 Amp motor.
- There is a laser light for an accurate cut.
- It does not have a dual-bevel feature.
9. ATE Pro. USA Electric Sliding Miter Saw
The next product on the list is ATE Pro. USA Electric Sliding Miter Saw. It comes in chrome, blue and black color combination. It is an excellent sliding miter saw for your wood workshops and carpentry works. It is very accurate in cutting and can deliver the best results to you. You can easily adjust the blades and sliding is also easy. You can move a sliding saw backward and forwards, instead of moving the material. This makes the cutting also accurate and faster as well. It comes with a 10-inch blade for cutting wood. You can use this miter saw for cutting both wood and plastic as well. It works at a 4800 RPM speed and is a good speed for cutting even hard materials. You can tilt it to 0 degrees angle but comes with a single bevel only. It also comes with a dust bag, so that you can keep the environment free from dust. All the dust will be collected in the bag. It uses a heavy-duty motor that is used by professional woodworkers for a professional finish. The quality of the product is high and will last for a long time.
- It is a high-quality miter saw for carpentry and woodworks.
- It can cut both wood and plastic as well.
- It comes with a 10-inch blade.
- It works at 4800 RPM speed.
- It comes with a dust bag included.
- No cons so far.
10. Bosch Power Tools Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
Bosch is a brand that does not require any kind of introduction at all, and here we have a product from the same brand, Bosch Power Tools 12 Inch Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw. The length of the blade is 12-inches and is perfect for cutting wood. It is electrically powered and comes with a cord attached. It comes in blue, red, and chrome color combinations. The product is made using the premium quality material, and hence it is going to last for a very long time. It comes with dual-bevel, and so you will be able to tilt the cutting head to both the directions, left and right. You can tilt 45 degrees to the right and left a well. It comes with a 14-inch horizontal cutting capacity in the horizontal direction, and when it comes to vertical cutting, it has a capacity of 6 Â½ inches. It uses a 15 Amp motor and works at a speed of 3800 RPM. It comes with a dustbag, which can collect dust and keep the place dust-free. The weight of the saw is 88 lbs. It comes with a one-year warranty and thirty days money-back guarantee in case of any defects.
- It comes with a 12-inch blade.
- It uses 15 Amp motor with 3800 RPM speed.
- It has a dust bag for collecting dust in it.
- It comes with a one-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It is a bit heavy compared to similar models in the market.
How To Choose The Best Sliding Miter Saw
If you are new to a sliding miter saw, then you should get a little idea about it before you buy one. That will help in making the right choice for your woodwork. Here is a small buying guide that has all the important points that you need to consider when buying the best sliding miter saw. You need not have to worry if you look for these factors before buying it.
Blade of the miter saw:
It is very important to check the length of the blade before you buy the sliding miter saw. It the length that is going to help you determine the height or the depth that you will be able to cut. The common blade lengths that you will be able to find in the market are 8 inches and 10 inches. But 12 inches is also a good size if you wish to cut thicker wood.
The material you can cut:
A sliding miter saw is a very expensive saw, and hence you will have to buy one that is suitable for cutting a different kind of material. Usually, when we talk about the saw, many people think that it can be used only for cutting wood. But that is not at all true. You will be able to different kinds of materials based on the saw you are choosing. You can cut wood, mild steel, and aluminum with the help of a sliding miter saw. If the number of teeth on the saw is high in number, you will be able to achieve a precise cut. This is one of the important points that you need to keep in mind.
Single Bevel or dual bevel:
Some sliding miter saws come with single bevel, and some come with dual bevel. Single bevel means you will be able to tilt the cutting blade to just one direction, either left or right. But with a dual bevel, you will be able to tilt it in both the directions, and hence it is the most preferred choice. You need to pick the one that meets your requirements.
Dust extraction is one of the most important features to look for if you are working in a very small space. When you are cutting wood with the help of a saw, dust is very common. But if you are buying a saw that comes with a vacuum or dust extractor, you will not have to work with a lot of sawdust around you. It can be reduced to a great extent.
When using sliding miter saw, you will be able to cut different kinds of materials like mild steel, wood, and aluminum as well. So, depending on the type of material that you are cutting, you should be able to adjust the speed of the saw. That way, you will be able to cut precisely and faster as well.
Sliding Miter Saw Safety Tips and Guidelines
Sliding Miter saw is the most popular among all wooden cutting machines.But Sliding Mitre saws can be hazardous if not used properly.Here are some of the safety precautions that you should read when using a mitre saw:
- From top to bottom, cover yourself with safety tools like a face shield, safety glasses or goggles.
- Use a respirator or dust mask, if the task is dusty. Or you can use a dust extraction system.
- Wear adequate hearing protection tools, also wear protective boots when required.
- Attach the saw to a stiff frame or area and then operate it at waist height.
- Before cutting, make sure any adjustments are secure and firmly. Once the task is completing turn off the power supply switch. Only make alternations when the machine is not working or the power is off.
- Place your hand out of the path of the blade. Use one hand to hold the stock against the fence whereas uses the other hand for handling the trigger switch.
- Eliminate wrenches and adjusting keys.
- Make sure the blade rotates in the appropriate direction.
- Ensure the dell and blade necklines are clean and secure.
- To maintain the functionality of blades, clean and sharpen it well.
- Allow the machine to spread at complete speed before cutting.
- To stop operating the work, wait for the saw to stop rotating.
- Read instructions for changing accessories.
- Keep the workplace clean and wood dust-free.
- Unplug saw when not in use.
- Check saw frequently, ask for experts if any part is damaged or requires replacement.
- Keep motor free of dust and chips and keep their air slots clean.
- Accessories of saw use for the specific saw and operation.
- Read the user manual instructions before using the sliding meter saw.
- Do not use the saw when placed on the floor.
- Cut pieces in a larger size in length.
- Do not cut stock that has splits, defects, loose knots or other objects.
- The object should lie stiffly on the table against the fence.
- Maintain a proper distance between you and the saw blade.
- Keep proper balance and foothold at all times.
- Use saw for specific force; do not force the saw for better and perfect cuts.
- Do not touch the saw until it has stopped.
Sliding Miter Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sliding Miter Saw worth the purchase?
How is Sliding Miter Saw different from Miter Saw?
What are the benefits offered by Sliding Miter Saw?
Should I use a pull or a push action while using Sliding Miter Saw?
Are Sliding Miter Saw dangerous?
I feel a kickback while using Sliding Miter Saw. Why is that so?
We hope you liked the article. So, which sliding miter saw did you pick? Almost all of them are good and will give you the best cutting experience. They all come with slight differences. You just need to make a choice based on your requirements. You should know about a sliding miter saw because they are a bit expensive compared to the other two types available in the market. But it is worth every penny that you spend on it. So, if your work demands a sliding miter saw, then you should get one. It is worth buying for delivering some exceptional woodwork. So, go get one today!!!
For More Miter Saw Visit Links Below: