Needless to mention that a bow saw provides many distinctive benefits as compared to any other professional tool designed for the same purpose. If you have been using a hand saw, then shifting to a bow saw might be tough. But, learning about the key advantages can come in handy. Meanwhile, we are also mentioning some of the issues that you might face while using a bow saw. Have a look the pros and cons of Bow Saw.
A bow saw provides five phenomenal advantages over a professional hand saw. The key benefits are –
- Sturdy Design – A bow saw has a sturdy design as the body of this saw is made of a metal frame. It is in the shape of a bow, and the design is focused on providing impressive strength for the cutting purpose. You can move the blade adequately due to the sturdy design.
- Effective and Efficient Cutting – While moving the blade through any material, you can find that you are making effective cuts. Efficiency is the key factor, which can make you shift from using old tools to modern ones. A bow saw is highly efficient, and it can let you cut through the material.
- Lightweight Frame – The frame of a bow saw is extremely lightweight, and it allows you to travel with the tools anywhere. This weight balance is attained by manufacturers using alloys. The material is light in weight, but in terms of tensile strength, there is no comparison.
- Highly Durable – Bow saw is coated with a rust-resistant coating, which prevents the frame of the bow saw from getting oxidated. You can use the tool in a moist environment without worrying about its durability. In reality, a bow saw can offer you great usability for more than a decade if you opt for the proper maintenance.
- Blade Options – As compared to a regular hand saw,you are getting several blade options. Finding the right type of blade is easy and it is all about looking after your requirement. Keep in mind that you consider going with a blade, which can offer effective cutting as per the material you are opting for.
These are some of the major advantages that you can expect from a bow saw. One more thing which makes it highly valuable is its affordable price range. You can buy a bow saw for a lower price point.
There is only one problem with a bow saw and it is not a disadvantage at all. However, it is worth knowing about –
- Tricky To Use – The only issue with a bow saw is regarding the using method. Even though a bow saw offer excellent productivity. You would have to master the trick. It is all about moving the blade in one direction with some force whereas if the blade is going away from you, then you don’t apply force.
The overall verdict regarding a bow saw is highly heart-warming and it can ensure that you get an excellent use. Make sure that you choose the right type of blade and bow saw design to provide the best in class usability for your specific requirement.